leaf staining light green? foliar spray

howdy all. im new here and was hoping someone could help me out....

im getting this light green staining on some of my leaves mainly the ones towards the top of the plant. also they feel slightly dry to the touch......

i dont think its scorching because its not uniform along the tops.....

i was thinking it may be the de-minerilised water i was using with folitech foliar spray......whats the best water to use for this or is tap water ok? the growth isnt stunted but id like to get some ideas. thanks

recycling satelite sys, ph 6.0

greenpiece nutes, tds 1260 - 1320.

dm silica.

au 60 root repair.

bloom stimulants.

4 wks old

perlite,3 inch layer of clay balls bottom.

foliar spray 4 hours b4 lights fire up.

feed 5 mins every 3 hours with a 4000l/ph pump and 13 ml lines with feed rings........100l pots

hope this helps!

Could be the beginnings of a nutrient deficiency... have a look through this forum and you should find a couple of deficiency/toxicity symptom pages linked, which you can compare to.

Personally, I'd cease the foliar feeding, as you may well be doing it too often, which can leach nutes out of the leaf rather than supply them with extra. Which is why I don't normally advocate foliar feeding except in certain circumstances, and even then, you'd be wanting to keep the regularity right down to something like once or twice a week, if that.

If your plants are in veg, you won't need bloom stimulants. lol

Oh, and you could probably drop your pH level down a few points, recirculating water and inert media based systems are usually more responsive to a pH range between 5.2 and 5.8, with 5.5 being the ideal. Perhaps it could be as simple as that, but yeah, hope this helps. lol

Yep, KISS is something you gotta remember with hydroponics for sure!!

I'd drop the foliar feeding and see how that helps ;) If you're giving them good nutes (and it sounds like you are, maybe a little too much additives lol) they shouldn't need the foliar feeds really. And yep, try lowering your PH level a little. I used to keep mine at around 5.5 for re-circulating (as luke has already advised lol) though I don't think the PH being at 6.0 would be causing your problem, maybe a combo of the foliar feeding and the PH. Goodluck, let us know how you get on!

au 60 root repair is great stuff. its saved my crop before and ive seen it work on a friends badly diseased(brown roots) plant. the only thing about it is they dont tell you whats in it.....kinda puts you off but it came highly recommended and im glad i used it.....power active is beneficial bacteria similar to bio bugs.....but ive been told bio bugs is a better buy......longer shelf life.....

anyway

is it normal to get a slight wilt towards the end of the lights on cycle. never noticed it before. its like the plant is getting ready to sleep with the lights still on???

but by morning they perk right up again.

i doubt its overwatering........5 mins every 3 hours.....??

any ideas??

thanks guys

Hi there crow eater and welcome to ozstoners,

Was wondering about the au 60 root repair , if they dont tell you whats in it , do they tell you if its compatible with the bio bugs??

With regards to the wilting im pretty sure its normal , ive got same system as you except with straight expanded clay and ive noticed the same thing.

During veg i ran the feed pump continuosly and didnt have any probs so i dont think it would be over watering.

I think they just develop there own routine after theyve been growing for a few weeks and they know that rest time is coming up.

Ferengi , what do you mean by "if its not a + b its an additive"? ive seen quite a few single pack nutes lately .