Medical Cannabis Australia? How long before it's widespread?

badboybaz

Question

I don't believe the trials and delays are anything more than reshuffling the deck chairs on the titanic. Big pharma and doctors (AMA) are trying to find a way to make their current profit levels. But as we know cannabis is a funny plant in that it is most effective when using the whole plant not extracting single compounds. The fact that complete legalisation is rolling forward overseas and that medical users over their are getting the desired results using the whole plant not single compound extracts, will eventually force the greedy bastards here to capitulate. But they will try to find a way to milk the publc at the rate they are used to. Lets face it you need a lot of money to buy new Mecedes and $million homes and holiday homes and have holidays overseas all the time and change wives to newer versions all the time. The powers that be dont want to give up their power and the ones milking the sick dont want to get an honest job because the pay sucks.

I believe the next move will be to make sure that only licenced corporations are allowed to grow it (like tabacco) and unlicenced growers (us) will still be legally pursued and persecuted. The official criminals will still abuse the system, lie, deceive and criminalise us for treating and enjoying ourselves.

Considering all this I have started seed bombing river head waters with cannabis seeds so that eventually it will become impossible for the authorities to have control. Most people dont know that Cape York has cannabis growing on both sides of many creeks from the Chinese in the 1800s. Tall sativas that are good for fibre but not much THC. The seed bombing will also give me more product to process into oil for friends in need. Some of you will disagree with my idea but i am bloody sick of liers and thieves ruling the roost and ripping us off. If you have a better idea, I'm listening.

• Upvote 2

Hey Johny,

I have to agree with you. You may have put it a bit direct, but in essence you are correct. We have all of these uninformed politicians making uninformed decisions that affect all of us. It is my belief that IF canna gets the ok it will be classed as a pharmaceutical and hence all those regulations/guidelines/classifications will come into play. The only people that have all the regulations/guidelines/classifications in place are the big pharmas. Then we will just end up smoking the crap they produce and it will all become standardised (bastardized).

As for the AMA, they never wanted canna to EVER be considered. Hell they are the ones pushing all the pharma crap and getting the kickbacks from the big pharmas. No wonder they want to have a voice, they might loss their fully paid holiday in Europe each year, we can't have that. This govt is full of 'fat cats' so of course they are going to protect all the other 'fat cats' and you can't get much fatter than BIG pharmas. You and I are just the plebs at the bottom and their job is to keep us at the bottom.

A bit cynical maybe? But true.

Hey Painman,

Having already been prescribed Lyrica and Tramadol and Endone I have to agree, these are some nasty drugs both in terms of addiction and awful bloody side effects. Personally the worst was Lyrica, for some people they work and that's great, but they sure as hell don't work for me.

• Upvote 1

You know Frank, so long as we are growing it here and processing it here... we should be able to get a local 'sativex' like spray onto the PBS... and that would help a hell of a lot of people without creating a massive tax burden. 

Cold vapourising is used as a medical delivery system... I've had a couple of dr's raise queries about the fact that you are inhaling resin in hot, dry air when vapourising cannabis. This, I am told, will still have a negative effect on the ciliated epithelial cells that line the respiratory tract... but have found agreement in that the damage expected, would be less than that caused by smoking.