Genetically Modified Marijuana Strain Created by Masanto

Hope this is not a surprise to anyone.

Without question. When this becomes a global industry, big business will implement the plan they have been sitting on for decades. Like "Snake" from the Simpsons.

How long will it take for you to one again flood our streets?

{... About 3 minutes}

And there will ALSO always be the local market. MacDonalds didnt kill the Milk Bar, this nation remembers that it is made up of people. The Gourmet market will always have customers.

The Canna industry ran two wars, but now with the deregulation so that those companies can make more money  from cana. They need to get all there pegs in line ready, for what the world really is, as iTiC said a consumer market. People love to say how wrong it is to see sweet shops and kids as young as 6 working 18 hours a day, but the still go into Kmart, Coles, Woolies ect and buy produces that are cheap as hell. As they have no fucking idea, if there buying a 5$ T-shirt from Kmart that is must only cost about 5c to produce.

Its the same with this GM shit, its what they need to do to take a hold on the market, people will get all pissy about it for a while. Then once its in, and time passes, and people get back to there normal sheep life worry about getting a new car as Joe next door has a new car, or getting to the  gym to work out so you fit you new 150$ shirt that will last 3 months, so you can nail that Hot little Blonde at the pub. They will forget, like the forgot they Gmed Tomatoes with a Frog gene so there more frost resistance. And life moves on.      

• Upvote 3

actually I think there is a chance that canna could end up with stupid regulations like there is with growing corn at home (this is USA I'm referring to)

Corn is highly GM'd, farmers don't take kindly to stray (non-GM) pollen messing with their corn and their $$$.

Pollination from non-GM plants turns their entire crop to crap (and their seeds for the next crop too), reintroduces the susceptibility to bug/disease that the GM corn would have been resistant to.

So yea -I do believe their is a small probability that when Canna become regulated there could be an issue- like when the person is growing the close to a commercial crop

Take a look at tobacco, as far as I know it comes under the same legislation as canna in NSW at least, cultivate prohibited plant.  Gotta protect the cash cow that's tobacco.  Governments will tell you that heavily regulated industries are regulated to protect consumers and the public, but a lot of the time that's just bullshit, otherwise with all the extra taxation and negative rhetoric aimed at tobacco, the tobacco companies would be less profitable than in the past, but are doing very very well these days.

As for Monsanto, they have pulled some unconscionable shit in the agricultural sector, and have a history of liking to have complete control.  Farmers being sued for growing crops using seeds kept from their previous years Monsanto GM harvest, and even farmers who have had their crops contaminated by GM crops on neighbouring properties being sued for using their own seed because it then contained Monsanto's genetics, and the list goes on with shit that can only be happening because governments allow it to.  Monsanto is an amoral and immoral corporation that wants to have it all, and will use any means to get it.  They start doing the sort of shit they get up to in canna land, and I don't see things going in a direction that is good for anyone except Monsanto.  But, I am a cynical old bastard who suffers from occassional paranoic conspiracy theory thoughts, so maybe I'm way off base.

They have done some stuff that has been very beneficial for ag, but there seems to be a growing number of farmers who wish they never existed.  Surprised Faith hasn't chimed in with a rant, he gets his knickers in much more of a twist over Monsanto than I do. 

not sure how the multi quote thing is gunna go but here goes.

fair enough mata and hashy i dont know that much about it. im just a city boy doin his best to get by. i just automatically thought with decriminalization it would take some of the heat off us but you both would know alot more than i. thanks for the info. oh and hashy i need your yield eyes again soon hehe.

Edited by grow for me

Hope this is not a surprise to anyone.

The Canna industry ran two wars, but now with the deregulation so that those companies can make more money  from cana. They need to get all there pegs in line ready, for what the world really is, as iTiC said a consumer market. People love to say how wrong it is to see sweet shops and kids as young as 6 working 18 hours a day, but the still go into Kmart, Coles, Woolies ect and buy produces that are cheap as hell. As they have no fucking idea, if there buying a 5$ T-shirt from Kmart that is must only cost about 5c to produce.

Its the same with this GM shit, its what they need to do to take a hold on the market, people will get all pissy about it for a while. Then once its in, and time passes, and people get back to there normal sheep life worry about getting a new car as Joe next door has a new car, or getting to the  gym to work out so you fit you new 150$ shirt that will last 3 months, so you can nail that Hot little Blonde at the pub. They will forget, like the forgot they Gmed Tomatoes with a Frog gene so there more frost resistance. And life moves on.      

A frog gene, heck. thanks for the post. It got me thinking again. This is a familiar road for humanity. That is, some believe, we have been here before. Manipulating genetics may have been done in the distant past. They use specific frequency to be able to make deliberate changes to a changing cell. In the presence of 'other genetic material', the changing cell splices new information into its existing genome. I dont think there is a damn thing we can do to stop it this time either, just kick back stay true, and enjoy the show... imho.

Talking of Masanto , don't know if anyone hear has seen this , made a few years ago , i haven't seen it but def on the to watch list

" The Future of Food "

Trailer: https://youtu.be/orHzcVCjsl4

Doco Intro: https://youtu.be/jNezTsrCY0Q

Short bits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odN2GfhLcFM&list=PLhzzQoG6iZHdvPRd9666SDXGEb4P5l04t

if these bits don't get you sayin WTF i don't know what will

The makers of that doco have another which seems just as good & on the list as well

" Symphony Of The Soil "

Trailer: https://youtu.be/zXRNF_1X2fU

Edited by itchybromusic

Justify genetic modification.  lol  take it right down to the lcd.  You find the reason there....and it is ethically as well as morally bankrupt-it is an abomination. GM is about control.  What good, and for whom and how many has genetic modification of anything produced?

Faith :sun:

• Upvote 1

Justify genetic modification.  lol  take it right down to the lcd.  You find the reason there....and it is ethically as well as morally bankrupt-it is an abomination. GM is about control.  What good, and for whom and how many has genetic modification of anything produced?

Yup, it's an aberration. Just because we can doesn't mean we should, It's no longer ... or we have lost the meaning of 'sacred'. The scientists of the future will look more like shaman

Edited by iTiC

What good, and for whom and how many has genetic modification of anything produced?

The board of directors and major shareholders of Monsanto have done quite well out of it, so there's a positive benefit!

You hear shit about how these things will benefit 3rd world countries, and poor agricultural regions, help to solve world hunger etc.  Now, I have not researched this, nor can I claim to have an in depth knowledge, but I have not heard of Monsanto giving these places their wonder seeds.  So maybe they only want to help farmers who can afford to make their product highly profitable?  Market forces in action.

• Upvote 1

The board of directors and major shareholders of Monsanto have done quite well out of it, so there's a positive benefit!

People who work at the top at Monsanto seem to be able to all of a sudden be in a government job then back to Masanto then back to a government job

Gee's i wonder why that would be , Hmmmmmmmmm  , Donald Rumsfeld , board of directors @ Monsanto, & even Bills misses ( maybe the new pres soon ) is there as well in something called the Monsanto Council 

https://www.metabunk.org/data/MetaMirrorCache/bd19f71ef5105dc437a5aea0733f1466.jpg

Have use heard of the GM opium poppy, apparently it can be slit multiple times collecting more sap from the one poppy than normally.

I worry if Monsanto start dissecting the cannabis cells, they are able to create their own super strain, who's to say they havnt modified this plant to destroy any non super plant within a certain circumference, design the plant to only survive on the nutrients that they supply, make it impossible to breed or even clone giving you no choice but to buy more seeds from them.

Someone in this post mentioned it's about control I believe this to be true. If you can control the food of the world you then can control the people. Codex elementarius is a doco on food control, goes into mention someday we won't even be able to grow our own veggies in our backyard.