EC HELP

Hiyas

"dohmar: when you flush your re-circ, do you just dump the water and add fresh or do you actually dump, run fresh, dump and top up? If ya know what I mean smile.gif I use bottled water and it's a pain in the ass doing it the 2nd way but I think so much better.

grow hard"

gday Budz2u, when i flush i do a proper flush, that is dump the existing nutrients, run tapwater thru the medium until the stuff that runs into the drain ec's at the same as the tapwater (usually 300-400ppm where I am), then i'll dump that tap water, and add rainwater (ec's 50ppm) and add fresh nutrients/additives/balance ph/etc...

bottled water? crikey! you must go through a lot :D I have a 20 lt container i fill up from my rainwater tank and haul it myself to the brain...takes 6 of em to fill up my 120 lt system....some people wouldn't like this, but i reckon the exercise helps :D

additionally, i let seedlings run at 800ppm, boosting to 1200ppm over 4 weeks...by that time theyre big enough to handle a jump to 1600, and they love it....

as far as strains go, ive only ever used superskunk #1 *shrug* i dont know anyone with nice strains and im a little wary of ordering the seeds myself...

cheers :)

-Doh

lol

Yeah mate I go through a lot of water i've got 2 different companies that deliver it and they think I bath in it lol ! Rainwater is the shit though :thumbsup I've used it a large grow with a mate and although carting it's a bitch it the girls love it! grow hard