EC HELP

Hi Oz stoners,EC(Truncheon)System=Pots/Perlite run to waste Nutrients=Canna Vega + Flores Cannazym Rhizotonic PK 13-14 What should my EC be for..Recieved rooted clones,Early veg,Mid veg,Late veg,Early flower,mid flower,late flower?Peace :) THANKS

Early veg - 1.0EC- 700ppm

Mid veg, 2.0EC- 1400

Late veg,2.0EC-1400

Early flower,2.0EC-1400

mid flower 2.6EC-1820

,late flower? 2.6EC-1820

2 weeks before harvest- 0.6EC-420

These are the MAXIMUM strengths that I run MY system at.

NO one can tell you what strenghts YOU should use.

things like NPK, Potash etc all raise the EC levels. However when using these you should use less A+B anyways.

Heyas

Ive use a truncheon for a long time now...I always seem to get best results in grow at 1600ppm (1700 Max) and 1400ppm (Max) for bloom...

I've heard lots of reports of people using grow and bloom as high as 1800ppm, but this doesnt work out too well for me :D I only ever use perlite which is pretty neutral as far as salt retention goes, some other mediums are a little more finicky to deal with and I've not had the experience of using them so I can't say what the ppm should be other than perlite (recirc) or wool fibre (run to waste)....in recirc I flush every 5 days and add new nutrient, always adding water every day to keep the salt level at the required level with +/- 50ppm...with run to waste i used to flush once a fortnight..

I think it was ferengi who said that when you use additives you should drop the quantity of A+B .... this is totally correct, i always add fresh rainwater (ppm less than 50), then the additives (If im using them) and then I add enough A+B to bring it to the desired ppm....i saw a guy who added a half bottle of monsta bud to his 120 lt system, then put in 5 cups of a and 5 cups of b (he didnt have an EC meter) and he was wondering why his leaves were curling and burning... heh....his entire crop went to seed, poor bugger..

Hope this helps.... would appreciate any comments on my methods, input always helps :D

-Doh

lol

I too am a truncheon user, however I am using a recirculating system (DWC).

I start my EC at 1.0 for new rooted clones, then slowly up it. I try to keep my EC constant ( ie I top up water & add nutes to keep it at the ratio that the plants are consuming it. )

As they get further into veg & then into flower, I notice my EC dropping, so I up the concentration of nutes.....usually 0.2EC at a time & havent had any major probs.

However I am having some Mg def probs, which I think is at least partly due to the high levels of Ca in my tapwater, so next time I will be using a RO filter to try to eliminate that prob!

I have some plants that can't take ppms higher than 1400 without looking majorly burnt and others that just love high ppms. I've also read that running your nutes too low though actually makes your plant grow faster but thinner. low nutes = fast but spindly growth. I usually judge my girls by the lushness and darkness of the leaves not so much by tip burn which can be really deceiving at times.

dohmar: when you flush your re-circ, do you just dump the water and add fresh or do you actually dump, run fresh, dump and top up? If ya know what I mean lol I use bottled water and it's a pain in the ass doing it the 2nd way but I think so much better.

grow hard