Sprays

Nath

Nutriboost, Nitrozyme.. Amino Acid H12 Spray from www.hydrocenter.com.au .. are these any good? And are they ok to use on MJ. I have good ventilation in my grow room, and my strain Im growing is very short and compact.. so the light is right off it, its about 35cms above the tops at the moment, normally I have it 15-20cms... just want it to stretch more. I can cover the globe from getting water on it, and the plants are very hardy. I found the Thrive as a foliar spray worked on getting the leaves very dark green.. but i stopped using that, just used it one week before flowering. Results were stretchier plant (which was good, what i wanted) faster growth, 'thinner' or less stem growth, width wise, they shot up pretty fast.... anyway, im a a couple days into flowering two of them now, and have been using the DutchFest grow again for the past few days.. Ive got some home made yeast co2 bottles going well in there.. also good venting now.. and the past two days they are really loving it. All I could really add now is something to make it STRETCH and hopefully flower faster.

only opinions here but-

I use the Nutriboost during cloning and veg because it makes them grow faster and healthier.

In fact I have had clones not start to grow under a HPS after being under the Fluros until I added Nutriboost.

Its similar to Superthrive but doesnt contain the glue that makes superthrive work so well in soil.

I havent need the Nitrozyme so havent used it, I also havent heard of the other one, but theres alot of additives that contain amino acids. Bio sea/earth or whatever is a good one.

what I reakon is to use the A+B nutes with some nutriboost up to flowering. and Use SilicaMajic with your nutes.

Dutch master MAX is a good product to keep the plant green.

Well, DutchFest is good for stronger growth.. it dont grow the plants as fast as other chems though.. but that would be my setup too...

Ill use DF for 1 week into flowering.. gonna use Potash now, and then in 1 more week, ill change to canna flores... seems the best fior me

Plus, some of the point of growing in the vegetative period is to keep the plants short and bushy, with short internodes. The stretch in flowering is the structural formation of the buds, and then they fill in, (depends somewhat on strain and growing method, but that's the basic way it grows), so you want to have a short, bushy plant, which has a good space to stretch in their flowering stage. The plants can double, or in some cases even triple in height during the flowering stretch, so leave space!.

And on sprays, I'd advise only using foliar feeding or otherwise sprays during the vegetative period, or at latest 2 weeks into flowering. Otherwise you'll be risking mould as the water from the spray penetrates the flower clusters and can't evaporate. So yeah, good air movement, all the time, and keep humidity under close control. ;)

Hope that helps nath. :)

Yea cheers Luke.. I ended up getting seeds from a couple places, I have White widow x Cali Orange coiming from Canada now, it should be nice.. but the grow I have at the moment.. ive moved the plants about here and there, and just havent done it right, but the next grow, I decided not to use the foliar spray, this makes the weed harsher, and it can burn the plants.. although Ive never had problems with it, I think plants can take in enough nutrients through the leaves. Also I think moving the plants around alot messes with them.. Ill have everything on a timer so I only have to go in there once a day or two.

The plants are growing faster Im sure.. I added a homemade yeast/sugar co2 setup there.. stinks a bit, I might change to limestone and vinegar.

I had a post but it got lost, it was about using Potash and nutes.. I bought some Potash, and am stll using DF veg nutes, Ive used a full strength mix of both in the res, and the plants seem to be ok after 2-3 days. They have been in flower for like 5 days or something i think, maybe more.. still not really much sign of bud forming, the preflowers are still going.

Im gonna get some canna flores nutes for it, just wanted to know how much potash and when to use it.. I just thought use it the whole time in the flower time.

;) hey flopeye if your after entertainment growing check out the www.pot-tv.com grow show.

:P

Nath I tried that home made co2 thing. But it was my like 2nd grow or something, but I reakon i made them grow faster.

note- It just came to me when I typed that, but it was actually the biggest yeid I harvested too.

but I did veg it alot longer too,

Apparently Home brewing beer in your grow room gives them really good c02 levels. But I dont drink or brew anymore. I still have a c02 bottle from the dispenser laying around somewhere.

The guy at the supply shop reakons it wouldnt be suitable as its a different kind of c02???? anyone know anything on that? :)

shit im stoned, I hope this makes sense.

Edited by Ferengi420

A regulator, which regulates the amount of gas coming out, and a solenoid valve of some sort, to time and control the amount of gas that is released. You'll aslo need to be able to shut down ventilation for the period in which the gas is released in the growroom, otherwise it will just disappear. You then run ventilation in spurts, which can cause troubles in and of itself.

That, and plant won't be able to utilise the CO2 unless the temps, nutrients and lighting are all increased in proportion, as they become the limiting factors to growth.

I'd suggest having a look at a few of the online hydro shops, they may have some more information on CO2 systems for hydro. :)