Anyone know the best strain for insomnia? im sick of taking valium and

Luckily, I had my first grow come out well... It was harvested 4 weeks ago, It was Greenhouse Seeds Big Bang Auto. It has helped me finally sleep solid for more than 4 hrs straight for the first time in years :D

I currently have some Pineapple Express and Lowryder almost done, interesting to see how the work for me.

Next full moon the Hindu Kushes go in along with a SSS strain called "Public Image" ...

Diaries to start soon :D

• Upvote 3

I love the smell/taste of the Public Image a lemon/lime candy, but for me it doesn't help sleep. You feel relaxed and its a great strain to be functional during the day whist getting some pain relief.

Good to hear your getting sleep Qwobbler, From my SSS grow, Old Toby and Wizz Fizz are doing the night time duties very well. Great pain relief with half the Oxy intake and a full nights sleep. Bliss

Just wanted to mention , although i understand that life without sleep can be painful for you & prob most around you

But using canna or anything else for that matter is not really solving the prob, gets you sleep of sorts but not as fulfilling 

as the natural processes , asian medicine tends to look for the cause rather than here'e a pill , you'll be right 

so if ya kean maybe book a session with an asian medicine doc , he'll look in to your eyes & tell you shit that will freak you out 

thinking how the fuck did he know that , from drinking to smoking to 2 much sugar , just from looking in your eyes ,

just a thought

Ps once he's finished looking in to your eyes , he might ask you out for dinner ! lol

Congrats on your harvest qwobbler...  Pleased to hear it's helped your sleep problem.

Look forward to the HK and PI diary. 

Why the full moon?

If you have a bit of spare time for an interesting read, im a bit of a hippy at heart so i go by this theory:

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/cultivation-scientific-data/167178-moon-phases-power-holds-planting.html

I love the smell/taste of the Public Image a lemon/lime candy, but for me it doesn't help sleep. You feel relaxed and its a great strain to be functional during the day whist getting some pain relief.

Good to hear your getting sleep Qwobbler, From my SSS grow, Old Toby and Wizz Fizz are doing the night time duties very well. Great pain relief with half the Oxy intake and a full nights sleep. Bliss

Thanks mate, its been well needed.

Im only interested in making extracts from the public image, hoping to pull at the 8 week mark to get the 1:1 ratio of THC:CBD, a friend of mine done well with it, made me a sublingual tincture out of it and it made me sleep very heavily :) But yes, i am looking for some pain relief during the day aswell and since its all i really have in stock for medicinal purposes ill give it a crack :D

I got some free GG Allin with the PI so will be getting them up at some point too...

Just wanted to mention , although i understand that life without sleep can be painful for you & prob most around you

But using canna or anything else for that matter is not really solving the prob, gets you sleep of sorts but not as fulfilling 

as the natural processes , asian medicine tends to look for the cause rather than here'e a pill , you'll be right 

so if ya kean maybe book a session with an asian medicine doc , he'll look in to your eyes & tell you shit that will freak you out 

thinking how the fuck did he know that , from drinking to smoking to 2 much sugar , just from looking in your eyes ,

just a thought

Ps once he's finished looking in to your eyes , he might ask you out for dinner ! lol

Thanks for the concern and I totally respect your belief.

I never smoked cannabis until i was 32 for the first time, im now pushing 40 and have suffered from insomnia for 14 years.. I have major back issues from having 2 discs fused together so pain is a massive issue and trigger for the insomnia. Benzos and Opiates make me sick and shut my liver down when i take them for extended periods. Canna helps me sleep deeply when I have it available. Before my harvest, i didn't smoke for 9 weeks due to the area i moved and not having a source. In that time i was lucky to maybe sleep 150 hrs over the 9 weeks. First smoke of my Big Bang, and BANG! I sleep.

Ive been to sleep therapists, chinese doctors, voodoo witch doctors, mayan shamans and also to the all sectors of the Australian Medical System :P Our country wants to fill me with benzos and pain killers that will kill me, literally, all the rest believe Canna is the best choice I have for now.

I dont smoke to get high, i smoke for the benefits. I actually hate smoking and prefer to make capsules or a tincture.

So, I believe Canna is solving the problem, the more strains i find that are high in CBD's are solving the problem by allowing me to sleep, then function, then not hurt, then sleep. 

I'd rather use a natural substance that doesn't make me sick, rather then use a synthetic poison, created to raise revenue for governments and quietly kill people off because the population is overtaking the planet... or if they don't die they will vanish into nano quell. Read about that shit :P

Cheers

Edited by qwobbler

Hey Qwobbler, Id be interested in more info on that Public Image Tincture since your getting a different result.

I've tried vaping the bud and made chocolate edible from de-carbed bubble hash, neither are good in the evenings for me.

Canna is a strange beast and I'm learning just now how different it can be just by how its prepared/grown. PM me if you like.

Hey qwobbler, thanks for the link re the moon influences.

I am familiar with that already (have been gardening, cutting my hair and waxing by the moon for 2 decades) but the full moon is not a good time for planting.

Like Faith, I prefer to germ in the waxing phase when the moon is in a fertile sign...so before the full moon.

Must've misunderstood your original post sorry.

Preferably an heavy indica, any will do.
If you grow it yourself, you can optimize it for this kind of use, just harvest it a little later than you would normally.

from my experience.

Very early harvest == Useless
Early Harvest == Head high.
Optimal == Nice and even head and body
Late harvest == Couchlock
Very late harvest == Pretty much a sedative.