does harvesting stop spread of bud rot?

Looking for some advice please...

My THC Bomb has succumbed to bud rot.  It appears that the chronic white fly infestation, combined with massive, dense buds and cooler night time temps of late [plenty of nights under 10 degrees] has created ideal conditions for bud rot. 

post-51352-0-50170400-1429079877_thumb.jpg

I have harvested it today as we are just about to get 3 days of wet, cool weather.

My question is will the rot spread now that I've harvested or does harvesting stop the spread?  Do I need to go through the whole plant tonight to find the rot or can it wait for a bit?

post-51352-0-94497300-1429078898_thumb.jpg   post-51352-0-81931400-1429078914_thumb.jpg   post-51352-0-04204600-1429078958_thumb.jpg

Edited by crowsange

Yes as long as u cut away all the bad areas.

U can cut it away from the plant wile it is growing as well, but if u miss any it will keep going...

Thanks for the quick reply Ozzy.  I've hung the plant in the cubby, is it likely to have 'infected' it such that I should avoid drying my other plants in there?

Once u cut away all the bad areas u will be rite, it shouldent affect any other plants.

Bud rot is basicly water that couldent dry out from deep with in the buds and cause the rot...

I may perhaps need to look at my watering practices then and see what else can be done to prevent it in future.  I will certainly be more vigilant from here on!

Anyway, I've had a thorough feel of the rest of the plant [it's a bit dull this late in the day in the cubby] and could not detect any further dry patches.  I've opened up all the main colas right to the stem looking for mold/rot whatever and couldn't find anything but will check again with a loupe in proper daylight tomorrow.

I have hung the plant in 2 sections to dry - would it be wise to cut it down further to dry it out quicker, particularly in light of what is forecast to be quite humid conditions Friday and Saturday [over 75% relative humidity]?

Thanks again for your help.