Cooking with a whole green plants minus stems.. dosing

Well Ive started boiling weed, I made a stupid mistake and just estimated the water, probably used too much.. i spose ill just let it boil down a bunch

in the end I had aprox 100g sun leaves, and approx 250g sugar leaves and bud, all fresh. Put in 1.5kg butter, hope not too much!

post-56135-0-14242500-1429178572_thumb.jpg

post-56135-0-81256900-1429178574_thumb.jpg

When you get to the point of draining the mix you will find a whole pile of what looks like grey sand... I am pretty sure these are trichomes and can be used bubble hash...I am sure some one will correct me if this is not right. Don't worry about the water it doesn't matter how much you use as long as there is enough to properly simmer the weed and butter mix....water gets tossed anyway and you will need to do a number of washes....good luck I am sure it's going to be great!
  • Upvote 1

Max is correct in saying "Don't worry about the water it doesn't matter how much you use..." The water is there to prevent the butter from burning

Its the amount of butter you use that makes the difference in potency. The cannabinoids are absorbed by the oils in the butter, not the water

For your example you have 350gms of weed vs 1500gms of butter which gives you a ratio of approx. 1:5 or to be more exact 1:4.3

Or 1 part butter to 4.3 parts weed

Lets say you lessen the butter to 1000gm with the same amount of weed this will give you a ratio of 1:3 or to be precise 1:2.9

The result in lessening the butter is that you get a lesser ratio and thus a stronger, more potent butter.

Hope it helps

Merl1n