is my ventilation sufficient and how do i make it quiet?

DUDE!! any HPS in a small space NEEDs to be in a cooltube, or have some kick ass extraction setup.

My cupboard has a 250w HPS in a cooltube with a bitchin loud exhaust fan on it and I still hit hightemps of 32-33

I was warned by peeps on here when I set out that without proper setup your creating a fire hazard, anything in the cupboard that's flammable is dangerous with high heat.

Be careful! get a cooltube

DUDE!! any HPS in a small space NEEDs to be in a cooltube, or have some kick ass extraction setup.

My cupboard has a 250w HPS in a cooltube with a bitchin loud exhaust fan on it and I still hit hightemps of 32-33

I was warned by peeps on here when I set out that without proper setup your creating a fire hazard, anything in the cupboard that's flammable is dangerous with high heat.

Be careful! get a cooltube

can i like buy some sort of adaption? i just paid $200 for the  light ballast and reflector

Buy yourself a small centi fan say 150/mm     an if it is noisy  just wrap the outside of the fan in some of that egg foam you have so it covers the whole surface from the in let to the  out let of the fan but don't reastricked the inlet or out let of the fan.

Also you can make a 150/mm round tube say 2/foot long an connect  that to the end out let of your fan motor as a silencer or the end of your out let ducting.

You can use 150/mm insulated  ducting as well an that will help with the noise,Plus you could use say 250/mm insulated ducting to cover your fan motor an that will work just fine to quiten the noise down.

You can buy the insulated ducting from a hydro store or buy it from a refrigeration company an you will most likley find it cheaper from a refrigeration company,just ring them is best an get a price.

I buy all my ducting from a refrigeration company here in my town an it is half the price compared to a hydro shop.   

I used the insulated ducting myself to quiten my fan motro's down an you can hardly hear them running.

Hope this helps you fix the problem.

Regards,Dingo-2008.   

Buy yourself a small centi fan say 150/mm     an if it is noisy  just wrap the outside of the fan in some of that egg foam you have so it covers the whole surface from the in let to the  out let of the fan but don't reastricked the inlet or out let of the fan.

Also you can make a 150/mm round tube say 2/foot long an connect  that to the end out let of your fan motor as a silencer or the end of your out let ducting.

You can use 150/mm insulated  ducting as well an that will help with the noise,Plus you could use say 250/mm insulated ducting to cover your fan motor an that will work just fine to quiten the noise down.

You can buy the insulated ducting from a hydro store or buy it from a refrigeration company an you will most likley find it cheaper from a refrigeration company,just ring them is best an get a price.

I buy all my ducting from a refrigeration company here in my town an it is half the price compared to a hydro shop.   

I used the insulated ducting myself to quiten my fan motro's down an you can hardly hear them running.

Hope this helps you fix the problem.

Regards,Dingo-2008.   

cheers bud, 250mm insulated ducting with fan inside plus 150mm inside that to fit the fan :D thats my plan now....

just to add.... Centi Fan"     do u mean an inline? like a PC? i have a few pc fans laying around

Edited by qwobbler

without trying any other fan types I cant say, surely others here would know, all the fans come with a manufacturers decibel rating (although they probly exaggerate to boost sales)

Yo can also get a decibel metre app for your phone, so goto the shop and check out the floor models and see which fits you, or do like me, jump at the first fan yo see and then need to buy a speed controller and acoustic ducting -_-

Although its probly better to have fan that's too powerful, running at half speed, than to have one just powerful enough that it starts to struggle when the cupboard gets more full of plants