is my ventilation sufficient and how do i make it quiet?

iv just made a small grow cupboard 1800x50x50.

I have 1 x 120mm Pc fan at the bottom geting fresh air.

1 x 150 mm at the top for exhaust.

also have 2 x 80mm fans blowing on the babies...

I have an issue.. its loud and sounds like a fridge is running..

i have a 12v to 240v converter and it has a fan inside it aswell..

noise everywhere!

what can I do to make it stealth?

cheers :D

will post pics tomorrow

Hey qwobbler.

Insulation! Without blocking the inlet and outlet try to block where noise is coming from.

I had a similar prob with my fridge setup but with some careful N creative blocking/insulating I managed to reduce the fan/air noise by about 70%. Just sounds like a slightly noisier than a normal fridge now :)

Good luck!

P.s don't have ya internal fans blowing at the plants!

oh and when we are talking insulation, what type of insulation? like would some of that egg shell foam mattress things work? then put my mylar over the top? an also rest the PC fans on a thin layer of foam instead of it just bing screwed directly onto the wood which would vibrate all the way through i guess...   on the right track yas thinks guys n girls??

4x PC fans must sound like a remote controlled jet taking off lol

Invest in a single exhaust fan that will draw in enough air to negate the need for an inlet fan and then have a standard oscilating fan blowing over the plants.  Also invest in some insulated ducting and a silencer if sound in an issue, both make a well good difference :)

• Upvote 1

4x PC fans must sound like a remote controlled jet taking off lol

Invest in a single exhaust fan that will draw in enough air to negate the need for an inlet fan and then have a standard oscilating fan blowing over the plants.  Also invest in some insulated ducting and a silencer if sound in an issue, both make a well good difference :)

any suggestions on a quiet brand? ultra quiet?

also any other idea on how to power my pc fans without a noisy converter?

sorry guys, new to the whole outdoor thing....

not sure where to source some insulation and ducting.... any body got a link to a option?

maybe everyones cupbpard set up makes a bit of noise and im just not used to it..

i feel dumb :-/

insultated ducting on ebay.....honestly not your best option considering the paper trail but an option nonetheless...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-150mm-Flexible-insulated-Fan-Duct-Ducting-Flexible-Ventilation-duct-6M-/271533712817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3f38aba5b1

As for brands of fan I won't bother getting into that.  Go into your local hydro shop and ask for a demonstration with and without a duct silencer.  All of them will be different from the rest so just go by what sounds best for you and rest assured that your fan was bought locally and can be replaced instantly compared to the week plus turn around on ebay at best :)