Any Advice?

pointy

OK

Im embarking on a little setup. So i'v been researching the growing process and so forth. I'v decided on hydro for security reasons and being the noob i am, i was just thinking of buying a whole setup kit.

http://www.grow.com.au/pmegahead.html

these are the only ones i'v found and i was wondering what you guys thought?

all comments welcome

thanx

You don't need to spend that kind of money to grow good pot.

And if you make it yourself you can custom fit it to your area. Check the forums on design here and on overgrow.com -

You can use a plastic crate, or a bucket or whatever, and a pump is like 20bucks. Man with a couple of hundred you could make a sweet setup, no need to spend 1400.

Good luck

V

Guest blaze_dat_dank

wow, how the hell can they sell that for so much....

for half the price that fucker could be setup just as good....

1000w light kit, 1.2m F & D tray, small pump, a couple of fans (which aint included in your package anyway it looks.), or could setup 9 nice bubbler buckets... all way cheaper than that thing...

have sum dosh left over to make a nice panda/mylar box to increase reflectivity and yield in area...

Once ya do actually get these types of kits, they are just as complex as building your own system in the end anyway, ive spent hours chatting with folks trying to help them figure how to get their premade NFT setup..

Holy shit.. that place is a rip off.. Even custom made setups from hydro shops are WAY cheaper than that... but as blaze said above, make yourself a square box with mylar, nice light.. I mean, $300 or so will get you a 1Kw kit.. then tubs, pumps, irrigation, mediums and nutes all wouldn't come even near to $1000 in total.. and it is alot easier to custom make a grow setup, you can achieve maximum efficiency for it. Say, I have a 2m x 2m room.. if I stick a 1m x 1m little setup in the middle, its a waste.. so I customized it, put all the light fittings in myself, with the plastic on the floor took up all the carpet.. took me ONE day to make a full grow room.. probably took me more than that for the drip system and cutting the tubs and everything.. but over a weekend or two.. its good fun, and alot cheaper than 2k

Thanx for the help guys, but now your gonna have to put up with me bugging you all the time for help with my homemade setup :wub:

im still doing as much re-search as possibe, the problem is theres 2 much info out there some very contradicting and unspecific. Can you guys suggest a good guide for a begginer, that covers construction ?

thanx again

gg

we are here to have our brains picked but first you need to kow what type of grow your gonna do I will have up a tutorial walking through my latest grow room construction buy the weekend, it is an aluminium frame with a few modifications I did to make things a bit easier for myself :D

have a look in the hydroponics section to get some isdeas on watering system setup and the growroom section for designs and ideas for that :wub:

Thanx Pure, i look forward to the read.

I'v been looking at the rotating systems and here nothing but good things about them (xcept the price ofcourse) but no specifics on the advantages. DO u guys know much about them? i.e.

is your grow time much (or any) quicker?

more power efficiant (if so how much)?

i get that the volume is pretty impressive and lets face it , they look pretty awsome :wub:

what do tyou mean buy rotating , do you mean recirculating where the water that wastes through the pots gets recirculated back to the resivour

if so no they don't improve the actuall growing time but they will save you a fair bit in nutrients and also it is more environmentaly friendly as your not just dumping 30% of your water or more

I am currently using run to waste where I just dump the stuff and continually use fresh nutrients but I am about to change that to a recirculating system because I have a truncheon now so I can monitor the levels of my water

the fastest veg growth is areoponics but it is also pretty fiddly and it takes a fair bit of upkeep I sugest go deep water culture with clay balls or a coco/ perlite mix