Totally new and bloody excited

Hi everyone.

I have been reading up for days now and have quickly realised there is a bloody lot to this growing business.

I have some seeds on the way from bonza and was wondering if someone can point me in the direction of some good info for beginners.

Im picking up lots just reading tge threads but am still no completely sure how to start properly..

I am going to grow in my backyard in pots. I occasionally smoke but am more interested in the actual growing.

I know, growing is adictive the smoke a bonus, you cant go wrong on this forum, plenty of info in the diaries, choose a simple grow and follow the info from the diary. The senior members are the ones to watch.

What strains have you got coming? Waiting for the mail is a thrill in itself.Plenty more thrills to come in your grow. Good luck Tangwena

Seeds are here. I have pinapple chunk and vanilla kush. Both from barneys farm which appears to be a reputable seed seller. Both types are femenized.

Im not in the tropics im near perth.

Im not to worried about the yeild to be honest and reckon a trial run cant hurt before its the right time.

Tomorrow will be a trip to bunnings. Anything must have stuff for my outdoor backyard grow???

Hi EGG2014

Are the seeds for Auto's or Photo period plants? this one is important because depending on the answer that may influence your choices in the next things you have to get. What are you doing for soil?, What nutrients will you feed(such as Seasol fruit and flowers, charlie carp, miracle grow etc etc), soil treatments or pro-biotics I think they call it (such as nutrog or seasol) or are you going organic, what about pests? can you fence them out? do you need bug spray, water meter, ph testing, what type of pots(need to keep roots cool) small watering can or jug, 30x magnifying Jewelers loupe or similar(later in grow), ... This is just a quick idea of the kind of things I would be looking at...Hope the grow works out for you :)

two main ways that people crack seeds.

1 - Glass of ph balanced water drop a few seeds in carefully and they will float on the surface and grow tails.

2 - Keep a damp (not wet) paper towel on a plate, fold a few sheets over each other and put the seeds in between, keep somewhere warm until they tail up.

don't get too caught up in the finer details of growing if your just starting, remember it's a weed and it can grow in some crazy places.

good luck growing.

• Upvote 1

Hi EGG2014

Are the seeds for Auto's or Photo period plants? this one is important because depending on the answer that may influence your choices in the next things you have to get. What are you doing for soil?, What nutrients will you feed(such as Seasol fruit and flowers, charlie carp, miracle grow etc etc), soil treatments or pro-biotics I think they call it (such as nutrog or seasol) or are you going organic, what about pests? can you fence them out? do you need bug spray, water meter, ph testing, what type of pots(need to keep roots cool) small watering can or jug, 30x magnifying Jewelers loupe or similar(later in grow), ... This is just a quick idea of the kind of things I would be looking at...Hope the grow works out for you :)

Soil treatment/pro-biotic

"GoGo juice"  By Neutrog fertilizers Aus  

i swear by this stuff   

And I have had not 1 pest problem Outdoors  

healthy plants  don't get attacked 

Edited by organikg