need help with vaporisers

Hello all, i need some advice on vaporisers.

Having just come back to cannabis for the medical side, i'm looking to buy a vap. Reason i want to go this path is i want to give up tobacco and smoking joints atm is making this hard foor obvious reasons. Now, when i smoked years ago, all day everyday i love the bong, but i want to stay away from that as well.

Looking at vaps the Volcano seems to be a stand out, but i would rather not spend that type of cash if i dont have to, if that is the way to go though i will.

I would prefer to spend less, say 300 bux, i would prefer portable but it aint a deal breaker as i only relly smoke at night at home but it would be nic to be able to take something away for the weekend.

I must mention paid 120 for a tester from the local bong shop and it was pathetic, got u a little buzzed but i felt like i was wasting weed. Wont mention name as i cant remember it right now and dont really care to.

So help me out please guys.

Cheers

Vaping takes time for you and your lungs to get use to. You'll use less product as your using it all vs a bong which burns away a lot of the goodness before it touches you lungs.

If your smoking for health reasons for me bonging is counter productive for combustion reason.

The biggest selling point for me is You can also taste the flower. Imagine not being able to taste your favourite beer. Or putting cigarettes butts into your favourite glass of wine.

The head rush isn't there like bongs nothing gives you that slap like a billy. But after that rush your just stoned where the vape slowly intensifies - somewhat like a sped up edible effect.

Mastertig "vapes are gay". Id expect a 14year old to make a comment like that?

I'm using the wispr2. Butane and portable. Great vape. Use it daily for over a year now. $170

Lots of good vapes in your price range. The arizers, silver surfer are getting good reviews too. Depends if you want to whip, bag or both your herb. Fuckcombustion.com is a great forum for vaping.

Enjoy the new world of herb consumption. I've never looked back. [emoji106]

I came back to cannabis after a decade and, being more health conscious now, thought I'd best be vaping. 

So I purchased an Arizer Solo which I found pretty disappointing.  I then got myself a Life Saber Vaporizer [by the makers of the SSV] and also a Magic Flight Launch Box.

I used the vapes for nearly a year but have eventually returned to smoking joints and bongs.  I should point out that tobacco isn't an issue for me as I gave it up in my 20s.

For me, I really, really enjoyed being able to taste the weed through the vaporisers.  However, I never seemed to be able to get as wasted with vaping as joints and bongs.  Also, I swear that he munchies are way more severe when vaping!

Perhaps if I had splashed out on a Volcano things might be different.  When I was looking the Aussie dollars was much higher and the Volcanos were around $300.

I too found Fuckcombustion.com to be an excellent resource.

The mflb is a good cheap vape, as is the vape star, although I am not sure if they are still being made. A couple of OS members swear by the vapor genie. I have tried the latest davinci ascent and thought that was pretty good, also the aizer solo, has some very good reviews. Once you get into vaping it is great, unless you need that instant hit from a bong, which is important for ibs sufferers.

I reckon that if you are prepared to go through the learning curve to get used to using a vaporizer they  are a much better option for medicinal usage, but as Mastertig says, they do lack the punch of pulling cones through a bong.  The vape stone is a bit more mellow, and more numbing and sedative, seems to creep on a bit slower and longer as well, which can get confusing with a strain that's already a creeper.

$300 should give you plenty of good options to choose from, but it's best to stay away from the cheaper sub $200 jobs in general.  Arizer make both portable (Solo) and plug in (Extreme Q) models in the $250-300 range, and there's a few other good choices already mentioned as well.  I went with the Arizer Solo for its portability as it seemed to be great value for money, but unlike Crowsange I am extremely happy with it.

Looking through the answers you've got, it shows that different people get different results and have different requirements, so I'm afraid you'll have to pick a few out and go and do some research and look at reviews to try and find out which is most likely to work for you, and how to get best use out of it.  For example, with the Solo, getting the packing of the bowl right, and taking nice long slow draws seems to be the secret to getting the best out of it.  Best of luck.

I too have the Arizer Solo and I have to say, I am extremely happy with it. I bought it only months after I started using cannabis because I hated the taste of smoke, so I've never had that afinity with joints or bongs and would never go back. To me, the main difference is in the build up. The high is more gradual with a vape and takes about 5 - 10 mins to really kick in, whereas with a bong it can hit you within a minute or two. After the 10 minute mark however, the high is pretty much the same with either inhalation method in my opinion.

I haven't tried any other vapes from other companies (ive tried the Extreme Q but its made by the same company) so I can't really compare it, but with the Solo I get pretty big clouds of vapour and Ive never felt like it wasn't working or was wasting weed. At the end of the day, the best option to avoid any possible disappointment would be to get your hands on one and try it out before you buy it. I took a little bit of a risk buying a solo before trying it, but I was confident about my decision after looking at countless reviews on forums and youtube and it ended up paying off for me.

OMFG mastertig... seriously??? 'Vapes are gay' ??? WTF???????????? :wallbash:

Ive been vaping since 2009, after two decades of bong smoking..  I will never go back to smoking.. :toke:

that slap up the head you mention, is probably Oxygen deprivation and the effect of excess C02 in your blood stream. not to mention the other harmful chemicals found in smoke, and if you think there is none, water a plant with your bong water. :) :sick

each to there own, every one has the choice, do what makes you happy. :yahoo:

I find there is a bit of a learning curve with vaping, and i find the people who don't like them havn't mastered a vaping technique, that works for them. .. then feeling like a failure they resort to bad mouthing the concept, when in actual fact its the cleanest, safest and best way to inhale cannabis..  so don't feel like a 'sell out' ..get your self a vape and have a go.

P.s I havnt had a  Cough,cold or flu since 2009.... coincidence? i don't think so :)

I use a Vaporgenie , its a great entry level , vape..   also am a reseller of vaporgenie here in Australia, so sing out if you want one.

peace :afro:

keep smiling!!

Ive used a Iolite whisper2 and can highly recommend them.. very easy to use and great quality vape. with a press of a button.. :)

Vape4life :egyptdance:

OMFG mastertig... seriously??? 'Vapes are gay' ??? WTF???????????? :wallbash:

Ive been vaping since 2009, after two decades of bong smoking..  I will never go back to smoking.. :toke:

that slap up the head you mention, is probably Oxygen deprivation and the effect of excess C02 in your blood stream. not to mention the other harmful chemicals found in smoke, and if you think there is none, water a plant with your bong water. :) :sick

each to there own, every one has the choice, do what makes you happy. :yahoo:

I find there is a bit of a learning curve with vaping, and i find the people who don't like them havn't mastered a vaping technique, that works for them. .. then feeling like a failure they resort to bad mouthing the concept, when in actual fact its the cleanest, safest and best way to inhale cannabis..  so don't feel like a 'sell out' ..get your self a vape and have a go.

P.s I havnt had a  Cough,cold or flu since 2009.... coincidence? i don't think so :)

I use a Vaporgenie , its a great entry level , vape..   also am a reseller of vaporgenie here in Australia, so sing out if you want one.

peace :afro:

keep smiling!!

Ive used a Iolite whisper2 and can highly recommend them.. very easy to use and great quality vape. with a press of a button.. :)

Vape4life :egyptdance:

I've been using a Vapergenie for about 4 months now, and I can tell you right now ill never go back to smoking, maybe the occasional puff on a joint..

Weed that once used to taste good when smoked, tastes like absolute garbage when I tried smoking a pipe.. Throw it in the genie, never tasted better..

I'm trying to get my old man on to them, but I still have to figure out how to get through NZ customs. Importing of any kind of pipe is now illegal.. (obviously some hair brain scheme to try curb the current P epidemic )

Now my old man is a traditional kind of guy, been smoking the herb for 45+ years through a pipe made from hydraulic hose fittings. (lol typical mechanic)

I feel the vaporgenie would work and treat for him, as it is almost like a hybridised way of vaping, and it can kick like a mule once you know it's limits, remember is the cough that gets you off ;-) Vapergenie all the way..

• Upvote 1