How to deal with the munchies

Sir PsychoHashy

Question

I know this will be begging for humorous replies, and I will enjoy reading them, but it is a serious question as this is an aspect of cannabis use that can have a negative medical impact, just hope this is the appropriate section for it.

Does anyone have any advice or knowledge on ways of combatting/avoiding the munchies, preferably not involving pizza and a crate of Tim Tams. 

I'm not proper overweight, but I am dr advised overweight and struggling to maintain my level, let alone lose weight, and I have other medical issues that are affected by my weight.  I make up for night time munchies to some degree by not eating much through the rest of the day, but spending time before  going to bed sitting on my arse with the munchies is the worst possible dieting scenario.  Obviously some strains are worse than others, but they all do it to me, so I would love to find a way to deal with this aspect of canna, as it helps me medicinally in other ways.

• Upvote 2

gday all. hashy i dont get the munchies much anymore its just habit break the habbit of eating when stoned. i wont lie its hard im far from over weight but as an example my only munchies food for the last 15 years was a family block of caramello chocolate but at the start of this year i found out they support the hallal thing. i made myself stop eating cadbury all together it took maybe 3 months to kick my chocy fix but now i dont even think of it, after dinner i have a normal amount of dessert and thats it no munchies needed. i do smoke from a bong  so maybe as mata said that has something to do with it but i dont think so. most things are just in the brain train it to think otherwise mate. oh and if i dont get near 10 ounces on my first harvest im coming to your house with my ute full of munchies hehe have a good one mate. and stay away from ice cream haha

gday all. hashy i dont get the munchies much anymore its just habit break the habbit of eating when stoned. i wont lie its hard im far from over weight but as an example my only munchies food for the last 15 years was a family block of caramello chocolate but at the start of this year i found out they support the hallal thing. i made myself stop eating cadbury all together it took maybe 3 months to kick my chocy fix but now i dont even think of it, after dinner i have a normal amount of dessert and thats it no munchies needed. i do smoke from a bong  so maybe as mata said that has something to do with it but i dont think so. most things are just in the brain train it to think otherwise mate. oh and if i dont get near 10 ounces on my first harvest im coming to your house with my ute full of munchies hehe have a good one mate. and stay away from ice cream haha

it's strange, cause choccy is a traditional munchies food, and my missus is a chocoholic, but even with a bad case of the munchies I can only get through 2-3 pieces, sweet is nice but I just can't handle that much sweetness. 

It varies from strain to strain, and the vape does seem to make it worse, but in spite of knowing it's in the brain it can still be irresistable.  But lets face it, the experience of food in the mouth when you've got a bad case is something special. 

I've just been avoiding the Cinderella 99 and trying to be more aware of what I'm doing, having some good nights, some not so good.

A ute full of munchies food, mmmm.  I'll swap you a ute load of buds for that (that is a joke in case anyone thinks I'm looking to break site rules on trading).

haha lenore. and hashy that would be a good old deal site rules pfft hehe joke just incase :)

oh and all that munchies talk yesterday i got a little last night big bag of my old school favs the toobs and a humpty dumpty easter egg with my son hehe you guys are bad influences.

and i broke my rule cause red tulip is cadbury haha what i will do for my son :)

good luck on the munchies diet hashy.

... I make up for night time munchies to some degree by not eating much through the rest of the day,

This very behaviour might be compounding your evening problems. According to the dietician I have been seeing...  daytime eating behaviour impacts on nighttime eating behaviour. 

Notably, people who skip brekkie and/or eat little during the day make up for it by munching their way through the evening... and that is without the extra pressure of cannabis on top.

I'd suggest that you actually eat decent meals during the day, ensuring you have a good whack of protien with each meal and drinking at least 3 litres of fluid... most of which should be water.

I know it sounds a little counter intuitive, but it couldn't hurt to give it a go.

• Upvote 2

Yum, give me munchies any day man!

For me, the craving for food is unstoppable, it doesn't even have to be nice food, hell, even plain bread taste like 5-star dining.

I will try to keep a bag or box of healthy stuff, so when the munchies kick in , I will be 'forced' to munch on healthy stuff.

By the way, I store my pork cracklings and triple-choc caramel-glazed muffins in the same bag/box ;) :yahoo: