What strain do I have here, and is it ready to harvest?

post-55446-0-95040000-1418796052_thumb.jpg

post-55446-0-95040000-1418796052_thumb.jpg

post-55446-0-30117100-1418796222_thumb.jpg

post-55446-0-12033100-1418796228_thumb.jpg

Hello all stoner geniuses, 

I have grown a beautiful lady, who I named Selma Rose. She has been grown totally outdoors, but I think the seed I grew her from was an indoor seed.

Anyhoo, She has been growing steadily for the last 6 months, and flowering for the last two, and now I think she is ready to harvest? As you can see in the pictures, some branches of buds look as though they are more ready than the others...

The smell is extremely strong, and kind of smells like cheesy bubblegum, but I don't think that she is either strain...

I would absolutely love you if you could tell me what you think the strain is, and any further tips on harvesting her? :)
I tried to focus as closely as I could with my camera to see if the trichomes were cloudy or amber, and there seems to be a mix of them all over the place, and as she smells absolutely delicious right now I dont want to risk leaving her longer than I have to.

If these pics arent clear enough let me know and i will upload some more :)

Again I would massively appreciate any wisdom you guys can impart to help me best nurture Selma
Thank you and as Cypress says "pack it up, pack it in, Let me begin" haha

post-55446-0-65699300-1418796090_thumb.jpg

Hi and welcome aboard.

Nice looking plant.

Strain wise we will never be able to tell you just from looking at a the plant, about all we can tell you is it a indica or sativa cannabis by the look of it closer to a sativa.

If you can bring her inside underlight to mature her and finish her off or i would take now the days are only getting longer and the plant will be reverting back to veg state untill the days shorten and it starts to flower again...

Thanks Ozzy,

I am aware that I may not be able to get a definite answer on the strain, but any ideas about what it could be, I know it is sativa... based on the smell of it and the way the buds are structured..

I was hoping someone may have grown a plant that looks similar and let me know what strain they had..
It looks like a christmas tree, I purposefully didn't nip it because I wanted to keep the plant small and manageable..

So you think that its good to cut and dry now? That's what my gut is telling me but I want to be sure, because I cant go back once I start..
Some of the little crowns on the smaller buds near the bottom have already dried because my mate was a douche and forgot to water it during a heat wave while I was away.. I sampled them and it is strong as f#$k

It smells really fruity like it might be some kind of tropical strain..
Anyway thanks for your praise and help ;)

Ok dude, cheers, it really is annoying that in australia, no one seems to know what the strains are, but in america and amdam, they are all about the strains, it would just be nice to know what it is so I can start my own glossary / become a connoisseur... I feel like its an art form that too many aussies are too lazy to bother with

needs more time at 12/12

she is not ready.

Ok dude, cheers, it really is annoying that in australia, no one seems to know what the strains are, but in america and amdam, they are all about the strains, it would just be nice to know what it is so I can start my own glossary / become a connoisseur... I feel like its an art form that too many aussies are too lazy to bother with

lol

You don't know what you are talking about

No american nor Dutch person can ID a plant's strain from photos, there are hundreds of strains, bet if I posted photos of my plants in the yank sites no one would be able to id the strains.

If we could see it in person, smell it in person we could probably ID it daym close

there are plenty of connoisseurs on this board, aussies arnt lazy we are just not "stuck up" like those other two countries (IMO)

• Upvote 1

We do know what strains are but to name a ramdom bag seed or a seed off a mate whom dosent know where it come from will have a very tall order Aussir or Yank in telling what it is.

You may get a lil taste of x and a hint of y in the smell but to say it so'n'so strain is a vry tall order...

I have seen so many photos of the same strain, but different phenotypes, grown by different people in different ways, that look nothing like each other. I reckon anyone who says they can identify a strain by looking at it is just a wanker. Maybe if you had a list of what it could be, like it was from a breeder mix pack, then you could have an educated guess.

Putting that aside, it looks like it is not ready yet.

Thanks guys, All Im after is a few guesses so i can narrow it down, and Im not going to hold it against you for having a go at identifying it, I am aware that it could be anything, I just want some ideas of what it could be... and thanks for letting me know that it isn't ready, how much longer would you think it needs?