Help required

its all pretty simple mate,

If the plant is getting 12 hours of PURE DARK, then 12 hours of decent light it will flower.

If its not then there must be getting light from somewhere.

Also drop all the thrive and slow release crap and use something better like seasol.

It may well revert if you increased the time of the light period ferenge, it's also somewhat to do with the lengthening of light periods whatever the initial one. So if you do have it at 10/14 light/dark, and you change up to 12/12 later in the cycle, then you may well end up with a revegetative response. The initial environment that the plants are in when growing to some degree affects the trigger points for vegging and flowering.

If 12 hours dark was an absolute mark for outdoor plants then almost none would flower until the autumn equinox, which some plants can begin flowering before, as soon as the hours start decreasing with the solstice of summer. 12 hours dark will almost always produce a flowering response IF you have started out with a longer photoperiod, but it is by no means the only or absolute trigger point. Some plants can flower at less and more...

But anyway, it sounds like it may be that the plant is simply encouraged by the stronger light source, (winter light is substantially weaker than summer, and it would also depend on where you had the plant initally) and is producing a bit more growth to take advantage.

Yeah, thrive is a pack of shit IMO, but that's just me. I prefer more soluble and better quality nutrients. That said, the damage you did to the plant by overfertilising can usually be undone, as you've already flushed out the plant and are watering with fresh water only, there should be something in there for the plants to manage on until you get something better. It also depends what you're growing in as well, as I don't think you mentioned what kind of media you're using...

Wantdachronic made a good point about sativas as well, they can flower for what seems like forever, constantly putting out thready, fluffy buds with almost no density to them. Finishing these is sometimes helped by slowly reducing the photoperiod over the flowering cycle, so that there's several hours darkness more than there was at the start of flower, as he suggested. Some growers also start growing these types on very low photoperiods, and some even just grow out the whole way on 12/12, as some equatorial sativas get a very small difference winter to summer because of where they come from....

Aaaaanyway, I've nattered on enough, hope that helps somewhat.

Thanks guys.

I was thinking along the lines of your explanation of the light periods Luke, thanks for confirming. I took wantdachronics advice and reduced the light period further and am now starting to see trichromes on most buds. The new growth on my plants is very much bud (flowers on it now) and not just veg growth so maybe they just pumped it due to the HEAPS better light available to them now. I am sure they are sativa with thin leaves and the extended flowering time. Time to bite the bullet and check out the seed companies for a tasty indica mum.

I am growing in a nursey bought potting mix......"Debco professional." What type of fert do you recommend for flowering, I will look for seasol. Any overferting was minimal as only the new growth and a tiny bit of tip burn were my indicators and I flushed it very soon. A growth spurt seems to be a more appropriate explanation.

I might reduce the light period by another hour to see if that helps, and just hurry up and wait for it to do its thing.

Thanks for the input lads, i think its quality seed time.

Hey guys... how are ya's all??

To reveg any plant it requires a shorter dark period under 12 hours.

Ferenge, how are ya... don't you mean Flowering any plant??

Revegging I thought was re-growing them, i.e. more than 12 hours, like 18-20 or something. Something which one of my poor relations is going to do as he hasn't taken clones, slack prick. I saved four clones for him though so he is happy. Still a slack prick... ::D:

Just checking that's all.....

Cheers..... ;)

LF

Edited by LongFingers

yea,

12/12 to me refers to 12 hrs of light followed by 12 hours of dark.

so a shorter dark period means that you are giving it light for longer compared to the length of time of dark.

ie to reveg-

ideally 24/0 means constant light, 18/6 is light on for 18 hours and then off for 6 hours. etc.

hope i make sense now :D