Help required

G'day guys.

This is one of two plants planted late (feb) and grown outside. It was well into flowering outside but shithouse weather had buds spindly and far apart.

I bought a 400w hps and moved them inside and set the light period to correspond with sunrise and sunset less about one hour. The other plant was more advanced, already producing resin and I harvested it after a couple of weeks. This plant was not frosting but thickened up nicely with good colas. It has been inside for 6-8 weeks now and is still not producing decent trichomes, and has started producing new growth and flowers from the top of most main stems. Have I stuffed up with giving it too much light compared to outside and it is revegging? The plant is old with a 30mm stem and is rootbound in a 350mm pot. I have some other female plants vegged under flouro waiting to get under the Hps for flowering, should I chop this one or persevere?

Looking forward to some assistance here, thanks.

post-24-1089581654_thumb.jpg

Edited by davo

some very sativa dominate plants will flower when the lights are on for 14 hours a day...takes a shit load longer for the plant to produce a bud as the plant is still vegging a spitting out small clusters all over the place....

if u want the plant to hurry up, drop the light to 8/16....wil force it to go into over time trying to finish up ;)

Sorry guys, I should have mentioned that my light period is 10 (light)/14, as I was trying to simulate conditions as they were outside to maintain their cycle as they were flowering already.

Tom - If I had set the photoperiod to 12/12 as is normal for indoor growing it would have increased "on" time and revegged them, true?

I know this set up is far from ideal and I have a new crop underway under much more suitable conditions now I have the right gear.

Wantdachronic - I will drop the light back another 2 hours and see how it goes, it is a bit frustrating as both plants were grown from the same seeds and are different in nearly every way. Looking forward to my clones for the next grow!

Keep it coming guys, much appreciated.

Davo.

Tom - If I had set the photoperiod to 12/12 as is normal for indoor growing it would have increased "on" time and revegged them, true?

No it wouldnt have, all lengthing the clock does is makes it respond differently, 12/12 would still be forcing the plant to flower.

To reveg any plant it requires a shorter dark period under 12 hours.

and has started producing new growth and flowers from the top of most main stems

what nutrients are you using? sounds possibly too much nitrogen??

and most importantly 12 hrs of dark.

very important, if theres even as little bit of light in the dark period it might reveg.

likewise it will never finish either. I assume your grow box is light proof?

G'day Ferengi, thanks for the updates on light periods. I assumed that light timings would be relative to the plant in its particular surroundings.

I have been using Thrive, but got sucked into using the occasional rate instead of the regular application rate - being a bit keen. I have since flushed with plain water for a few waterings and will resume ferts at the prescribed rate.

The room is light proof and dark time is night in the shed with no light sources on.

Thanks for your help, hope the flushing does the job.

;)