flushing

Hey Crew,

For a start, no question is silly if you don't know. So ask

Personally I adjust the pH of all fluids being given to my plants

Unlike Ozzy, for me, this includes the final flush solution

Also with the final flush fluid should be changed regularly if in a recirc system, otherwise you are just recirculating salts you are trying to get rid off

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n

Hey Crew,

For a start, no question is silly if you don't know. So ask

Personally I adjust the pH of all fluids being given to my plants

Unlike Ozzy, for me, this includes the final flush solution

Also with the final flush fluid should be changed regularly if in a recirc system, otherwise you are just recirculating salts you are trying to get rid off

Hope it helps

Merl1n

This question might be though...im aware flushing is something used to clear out excess nutes, salts etc and can help at times of nute burn, but what exactly is Flushing - is it just general small amounts of watering with plain water, or should i absolutley drench/dunk the growing medium in water to clear/flush it? I spoke to someone at a hydroshop and for some reason they were suggesting a flushing solution and mentioned it prevents the feeding system from clogging...yet i will be watering by hand, so is a solution neccessary?

Edited by bl0nd3

For the 2 x 20 l8tr pots iv got ,using a 10 ltr watering can ,I poured the water on top of the pot till it fills up to the top edge & keep it full till I'm out of water , I do this once a week , only because my hydrophobic guy told me .seems to be working ok iv had no problems so far ,apart from a bit of overwatering at the start . touch wood

This question might be though...im aware flushing is something used to clear out excess nutes, salts etc and can help at times of nute burn, but what exactly is Flushing - is it just general small amounts of watering with plain water, or should i absolutley drench/dunk the growing medium in water to clear/flush it? I spoke to someone at a hydroshop and for some reason they were suggesting a flushing solution and mentioned it prevents the feeding system from clogging...yet i will be watering by hand, so is a solution neccessary?

When flushing I am of the opinion that a little extra never hurts.

During the grow I prefer to flush with a weak nutrient solution but plain water is also fine. Always plain water for the final flush before harvest (for me anyway).

If you allow enough runoff when hand watering you shouldn't need to flush salts out of the medium throughout the grow (given you haven't fed them at too high an ec).

The solution the hydro guy is talking about is probably one designed to unclog drippers etc and is not necessary.

Naycha :peace: