Will plants flower during Nov- Aug in SA!?

guess it depends what strain you're growing some would tolerate it & others not so much :)
But yeah i gotta go ahead with it, it's either put em outside or in the rubbish....and i could not trash such a lovely plant...  but i just wanted to hear people's opinions before i did so, i wasn't suprised to received this sort of feed back but just went with it.

Edited by Sir-SmOkE-aLLoT
  • Upvote 1

There's no perfect response to your question, different plants and situations will give different results.  But what's been said is the accurate basics of cannabis growing.

I had plants go into flower early last year, some revegged by themselves by the end of October, 1 I helped to reveg with solar lights, 1 continued flowering until completed in late November, and another stayed in a half and half state until being heavily pruned in mid January, can't really answer your question much better than that.  Basically it can work, but there is a risk of the plant going back into veg at any time, and only you can make the call on how you want to proceed with each individual plant/strain.

It is light length not the type of nutrients that make the cannabis plant flower , nutes will make flowers bigger but them particular nutes won't force the plant to keep flowering.

If you have done it before give it a shot , if they kick back into veg it just means you will have some monsters to harvest come winter.

grow room only requires that light don't leak out not in. small light leaks into room wont faze it, light leaks out of room get you busted. the moon never halted or slowed flower process in outdoor garden so small light leak into room wont either.

biggest prob trying to flower in heat of spring/summer is the heat, plants like cool nights below 20 deg C to flower, they will flower at 35C but buds will be more than likely stringy airy buds compared to flowering in cool night. also, the cooler the dark period the more purpling will occur.