My outdoor grow 14/15 :)

Hi everybody, Im a longtime lurker of this site and have grown for a few years on and off, but this year Im taking things to the next level(for me anyways)!! I have accumulated a lot of fantastic info from browsing the forum and often use it as a reference point when making decisions.

I got seeds from AMS a few months back and am also waiting on more(limoncello and cheese) seeds from them and also sensi(shiva skunk). Its a bit late I know but hey I figure better now than gettin them in dec or jan. At the moment I have seedlingat their 4th-6th set) grown from feminised AK47xtrm(not orginal ak47 ;( ), fem afghan, fem bianca and also some seedings which I grew from the free seeds they give you. I also have a few seedlings of a strain I call 'melly mist' which is a hermi strain which I have grown and dispersed before. Yes its a hermi strain but when I use sensa spray or budwise on it, its much better than the hydro viet stuff which gets around my parts. 

Im really excited about the shiva skunk as my friend who ordered them has grown it before and it was quite possibly the most impressive plant Ive ever seen in terms of plant vigor and potency of smoke.

I hope to post some pics up in the next month to accompany this journal as I think it will be the first proper journal I have done online. I have security cameras set up in my backyard so am planning on making a time lapse clip over a few months which will show  the ladies doin their thang :thisbig:

peace Reggie

Edited by reggie kray

post-17522-0-06096300-1415336190_thumb.jpgpost-17522-0-24647300-1415336249_thumb.jpgpost-17522-0-50138000-1415336307_thumb.jpg post-17522-0-48336400-1415336424_thumb.jpgpost-17522-0-44265000-1415336479_thumb.jpg

The first 3 pics are of the ak 47 xtrm and the next one is of the bianca(white queen, white widow, nordle). Still eary days but Im hoping to have a bumper harvest come autumn. Ive proberly had the worst start to a season but im hoping its going to be the best harvest Ive had haha. 

Im looking after a couple of bush plots so will post pics of those in good time. One plot is in national park and the other on private property. Im anticipating that I will have many obstacles to overcome this season but Im ready to take them on!!!

happy growing

post-17522-0-71122900-1415336547_thumb.jpg

Edited by reggie kray

Im employing several different methods this year and am experimenting to see which works best and why. In the pictures above you can see im growing in raised garden beds with a mix of topsoil/mushrom compost/spagnum moss/pea straw, coarse perlite/#3 vermiculite and sheep manure/chook manure.

At the bush block Im burying 200L planter bags with the bottom cut out and filled with 100L perlite, spagnum moss, animal manure(mosty sheep), pea straw. 

Im burying 75L planter bags in the national park(aka the deer paddock) which have had their bottoms cut out and these are buried in a natural watercourse in the hills. From my observations the ground water runs approx 20-30cm under the surface so Im hoping that these will pretty much be a 'set and forget' style guerilla grow. Ive prepared the soil with organic compost, pea straw, perlite vermiculite, mushroom compost and manure and given them a splash of go go juice to get the good things happneing! Ive got a few methods(passive) of deterring wildlife and it will be ineteresting to see which ones work best because I know for a fact that deer come thru this area fairly frequently.

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea...Im growing for myself(I smoke quite a bit) and with the intention to make some tincture with the harvest to give freely to people with degenerative conditions. If anyone here has any experience with making(Hope u read this 'mull' ;) )  tincture I would be most grateful!! 

Put my babies out in the deer paddock today! Im hoping the cool change thats forecast to come through will water them in really, really well. I gave them about 1.5L each but a good drenching would be super I reckon.

Edited by reggie kray

Hey Reggie,
                   I make a bit of tincture. Its great for hospital visits where smoking (as a patient) can be risky and impossible if you're bedbound. A fill a small hipflask and have a few sneaky swigs when nobody is watching lol I use OP rum and it works well IMHO. Here is what I do: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/45016-op-rum-tincture/

Hope it helps
Merl1n

• Upvote 1

Hey Reggie,

DO NOT make a tincture for drinking with iso. It can send you blind and burn the crap out of your oesophagus. But iso is great for making oil with. There are quite a few 'how-to's' in THC extraction https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/forum/84-thc-extraction/

Here is the method I used https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/56673-introducing-aho-aussie-hash-oil-the-sunny-method/

Merl1n