• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Australian Advanced Nutrients
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst

Photo

O.P. Rum Tincture

- - - - - Im ripped cannabis

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2443 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x600 HPS
Hi All,
So on the advice of others I've used some of my find to make tincture or green dragon. Now, I had a look around and found a few recipes. Some say cook it, others say don't. Some say use coffee filters, others say don't. Some say leave it to steep for 3-4 weeks, some say heat it. Well I need this quickly, so I took a bit of all the info I found and did this.

I took 1 oz of head and using a coffee grinder made it a powder.
Attached File  Tinture 001.JPG   124.23K   79 downloads Attached File  Tinture 004.JPG   139.8K   68 downloads

I placed it on a foil lined baking tray and cooked it at 130C for 15min in the oven. This process releases the right cannabanoids for the alcohol to absorb
Attached File  Tinture 009.JPG   160.08K   62 downloads

I sterlized some jars with boiling hot water(notice the spoon in each jar, according to the wife this stops the jars shattering with the hot water) Then dried them in the WARM oven
Attached File  Tinture 012.JPG   133.96K   58 downloads

I distributed the baked pot into two jars. I could have used one jar but wanted the entire mix under the level of the water in my saucepan (see below)
Attached File  Tinture 015.JPG   94.82K   57 downloads

Taking one cup of OP rum (57.7% alcohol or 115 proof) I covered the pot with the rum
Attached File  Tinture 014.JPG   89.86K   57 downloadsAttached File  Tinture 016.JPG   108.79K   60 downloads

I heated a saucepan of water to about 40C then placed my jars in the water. Some say to use a wire rack at the bottom of the saucepan, but my wire rack was too big, so again on the Mrs' advise, I placed a tea towel in the bottom so the glass jars weren't drawing the heat directly from the base of the saucepan. Notice the level of the alcohol and pot mix is below the water level
Attached File  Tinture 018.JPG   109.01K   65 downloads

Now the alcohol evaporates at 75C. So using a candy thermometer I kept it below 75. The recommendations are 65-75C. I kept mine at 70ish for about 35-40 minutes.

Then came the straining. One video I watched used coffee filters but when you go to squeeze them out they rip contaminating the product. So I went to the fabric shop and bought some muslin cloth or cheese cloth. And fitted it to the top of the final jar. DO NOT FORGET THE RUBBER BAND, unless you have two pair of hands as it makes one hell of a mess if the cloth comes free from the jar. DOH. :doh:
Attached File  Tinture 019.JPG   88.91K   64 downloads

Due to the fabric of the cloth you can squeeze the hell out of it and get the maximum out, Coffee fiters rip.
Attached File  Tinture 021.JPG   112.9K   59 downloads

After doing all of this, there was a little still in the cheese cloth so I squeezed it direct into my mouth. The taste ain't great but being rum it helps, but shit am I bent. :crazytwist:

I will be offline for a bit come Wednesday and I won't be able to smoke, until I get back home, but the mrs can bring me in daily doses of green/brown almost black dragon and I won't need any pharma from the Drs. :thumbsup:

Merl1n
P.S. Next comes some hash oil (I hope)
There's only one way I get my 'greens'

and it ain't by eating them

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Say thanks with some bits:  1Ed71abMUAJ3q3XBQzYzSzJRydR58kKeT1

Mama Cass

Mama Cass

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Great recipe mate. will definately be trying this one out, when I have enough herb to spare lol Excellent setout of recipe too.
Thanks!

crow

crow

comfortably numb

• 420 Crew
  • 765 Posts:
  • Interests:gardening, tennis, yoga, natural health, growing cannabis
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:None

Great tute Merl1n, wish I'd found this before I embarked on my green dragon adventures!

Anyway, I have essentially followed the same process...

• 7g decarbed bud in 120ml Spirytus, steeped for 7 days, shaken vigorously min twice/day
  • cooked at between 70 - 75C for approx 30 minutes (I wasn't sure what this bit was for, but apparently this is the part that makes it a tincture? vs an extraction perhaps?) 

This reduced the volume of the alcohol to approx 70ml.

I've strained and am keen to test, but no idea where to start, ie how much!  

Merl1n or someone, I'm hoping you might help me out with a starting dosage.   I don't want to waste half the tincture starting too low!  but don't need to od either lol

EDIT/  I've had a bit of a look around and it seems 0.5g bud is a good starting dose for edibles...  so if that's the case I should get 14 doses of 5ml from my tincture.   Thinking I'll give this a shot.

Edited by crowsange, 10 February 2016 - 04:15 PM.

merl1n

merl1n

Hashin it up

• Members
  • 2443 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: 4x600 HPS
Hey Crow,
That's a bit of a "how long is a piece of string?" sort of question, there really is so many variables. Whilst in hospital a while back, a swig was enuf to get me hummmin along. Now at the time I was well dosed up on opiates most of the time, but a nice sneaky large swig saw me thru quite nicely till the next meds trolley came round lol

Merl1n

crow

crow

comfortably numb

• 420 Crew
  • 765 Posts:
  • Interests:gardening, tennis, yoga, natural health, growing cannabis
  • Fav. Type:Oil Concentrates

Cheers Merl1n, I am never at my best when posting on here lol

I took the 5ml, diluted in a tablespoon of cream and slowly got it down trying to hold sublingually for a minute or so.  The immediate effects were quite nice and initially had me worried that I'd started out too high.  But that was about it in the end.

Even so, if I can find a way to consume it without being observed, it should take the edge of the impending family road trip :P

Once again, thanks for an excellent and succinct tek  :thumbsup:

billygoat

billygoat

• Members
  • 4895 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: LOTS
Stop wasting rum ! lol

Hempy SOG   ---   2018 SAL grow   ---    2016 indoor grow.   ---    2015 outdoor grow.    ---    2014 Sweet Seeds Autoflower grow.                              

PHOTONS EVERYWHERE

420devil

420devil

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

hey guys am new to this tincture stuff so if I was to make some bundy tincture would that then be able to be used like rum usually dose as in mix with some ginger beer and drink ?  if so then this could be fucken fun :D put it this way a local brewery brews alcoholic ginger beer hehe

Indycar

Indycar

OSA Misfit

• Members
  • 3941 Posts:
  • Interests:Got some
  • Cannabis Use:Spiritual

Cheers for the tute, merls. You got my attention with O.P. Rum bit. :D

Might have a crack at it next time I got a bit spare. :good:

The war against Cannabis is a war against Earth's existence.

Brim

Brim

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: Sun
Nice Merl

Made some recently but with 40% vodka

Lighter colour is 24 GM's of popcorn n second trim and darker one is 40 GM of popcorn n second trim

Used 700 MLS of vodka for each and had roughly 100 MLS loss dues to absorbtion and evaporation

I found the flavour starts getting nice after a.week

I do 10-15 MLS in soda water and it gets me good

Attached File  IMG_20180410_093822.jpg   98.73K   25 downloads

Edited by Brim, 17 April 2018 - 08:18 AM.

Dingo-2008

Dingo-2008

Stoned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 Posts:
  • Interests:Kayak Fishing,Shooting,Growing & Breeding Cannabis for medical uses, ,Camping & Bush Walking, Taking photographs of nature & wild life & an good old cannabis plants, plus lots more.
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: 80watt cfl for clones,600watt HPS for Veg,&600 watt & 1000 watt hps for flower.

Sounds ok to me Merl.Rocket fuel mate.

Hope all goes well in hospital mate.Say hi to ya misses for me Merl. :peace:  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Im ripped, cannabis

Seedsman cannabis seeds seedbank marijuana
Sol-Sense 315W Smart LEC Digital Ballst
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.