Induction Lighting Looks Impressive?!

hey guys i see there remarketing induction lighting in the new age of indoor growing, i have a few questions hopping someone can answer

has anyone used the induction grow lights yet?

is there any difference from getting a specifically designed induction indoor grow light to the average induction light with a standard MH/HPS color ie: 3000k-5500k (fluros u can use warm white or cool white) are induction lights the same?

strolled thru youtube and seen all the dumb ass videos but it looked informative and they were getting some nice flowers, i see these inductions lights are taking a trend in the USA among growers

im thinking about dipping my toes yet again i got bummed with the shit chinese LED light from ebay and have found a reputiable source for this induction lights but ill be fucked if im paying $1000 for one light on ebay hence my question about a "grow light" vs "standard induction light" seems the grow lights have a user friendly shade and nice wiring thats the only difference i can see, prices are $1000 for a "grow light" and $200 for a DIY light with average wiring and no shades

At present I'd be needing some more info, some more proof and a massive drop in cost to be considering changing from HPS.

There are some vids out there of LED grows that look fantastic, but the reality has been shown to be quite different

Plasma lighting seems wonderful, amazing even, but so are the prices.

I think things will improve in years to come, but at the moment HID is about as good as we can get at a decent price.

Merl1n

Go for it if you can afford it. But please do us a review. There is reviews around, primarily done in the lab, under scientifically controlled conditions, but not much from 'home gardeners'.

Let us know how you get on.

merl1n ill do a review if i order the lights still looking into it but only downside is i cant grow weed here its not my house i only board here so i need to respect that

however i will be doing some capsicum, chilli, tomatos and whatever else

i may do another grow soon for the wacky weed but im a little hesitant after being ripped off many years ago

forgot to add the 200watt induction light is USD$80 plus shipping from china, i have a sheet of aluminium and a sheet metal bender so thats no worries i can make my own shade, the 400w induction lights (1000watt equavilent) come in pairs so the chinese have us customers by the balls, a pair of the 400watters cost USA$260-$280 for globes and ballast, the 200watter for $80 is being done thru another place i will post details after i place the order if all is ok

i think CFL's are really being overlooked here too ... the phillips 80w is a powerhouse for value, hell if i can get an ounce with just one of them, i would really like to see a decent grow with 3-4 of them.

Better light penetration that LED too.

Jester i was thinking along the lines of a 200watt induction grow light and on the other side of the same tent a 300w LED grow light but u have me thinking about CFL as a comparison, why phillips 80w CFL? i looked on youtube and contemplated buying the photography CFL's think they were 80-85w for some rediculous price like $40 which is cheap as peanuts

thinking of going with a 1.5x.6x1.5 meter tent, if i can budget and afford to go 3 lights,200w induction light, 200w LED, various CFL's would be the ultimate grow chamber but maybe im wishing to much

well one of those 80wer's have and equivalent output of a 250w and they have a good light colour of 6500k, veging plants love em.

and when it comes to preference it boils down to the whole trade off thing - Heat vs Running cost vs Yeild / how much space you have etc.

how much heat do those induction lights give off?

the CFL will give more bang for buck in compared to the LED.

ive used one of those 80wers for 2 full grows now in a small cupboard got 1/2 ounce first time and 1 ounce 2 time growing again for a 3rd time, also some kick ass basil lol

Edited by The Stoned Jester

well one of those 80wer's have and equivalent output of a 250w and they have a good light colour of 6500k, veging plants love em.

and when it comes to preference it boils down to the whole trade off thing - Heat vs Running cost vs Yeild / how much space you have etc.

how much heat do those induction lights give off?

the CFL will give more bang for buck in compared to the LED.

ive used one of those 80wers for 2 full grows now in a small cupboard got 1/2 ounce first time and 1 ounce 2 time growing again for a 3rd time, also some kick ass basil lol

the induction lights are 100w = HID 200w, and that same 100w only produces 1/3rd the heat of the 200W HID, u can actually touch the glass while there running just like CFL's or fluros

i spoke further with the chinese supplier the great bit was a 200w induction light and ballast is $70 the down side is they want $210 to ship it!!!

im still looking around for the induction light i have found some in the USA (chinese made tho) but prices are far cheaper than direct from china