Plants still dieing

and there is defently enough ventilation. got a 200mm fan blowing hot air straight out of a vent. Window open with a breeze blowing in fresh air, only thing that may be causing a minor problem is that there is no lower fan sucking the air in, just a clean hole but ive floated a piece of paper there and its defently sucking in air so should be fine.

post-24-1087554678_thumb.jpg

tap water read a ph level of 6.5 which was wierd because it usually taste of chlorine which i would have thought alterd the ph level.

so i used tap water to flush the pots and my 60L watering tub now has water adjusted to a 7.0 ph level

no fertilisers for me for a while then.

i havnt checked the ph of the soil but after that good flush, it should be ok aye?

Also i dunno if i did a good or bad thing earlier, i trimed off all the diing leaves. I've read discussions where people have had mixed views wether its good or bad to remove dead leaves, anyway i'll find out.

tap water read a ph level of 6.5 which was wierd because it usually taste of chlorine which i would have thought alterd the ph level.
It would pay to sit your water overnight in an open top container like a bucket to allow the chlorine to evaporate.

i havnt checked the ph of the soil but after that good flush, it should be ok aye?
Did you test the water coming out on the last flush? That is usually a good indication.

Also i dunno if i did a good or bad thing earlier, i trimed off all the diing leaves. I've read discussions where people have had mixed views wether its good or bad to remove dead leaves, anyway i'll find out.
Not much else you can do if they are dieing.

:P

that burn can be caused by three things- first light to close to plant ( you should be able to put your hand where the plant is for several minutes and it should feel comfortable).

Second and what it looks like - is nutrient burn - one giveaway is the really light green new tops caused by excessive nitrogen.

Thirdly - it could be over watering causing root rot.

hope this helps

Jack

ya thx for your suggestions, i'm taking them all in and remembering them for further growing.

is it a good thing to measure the amount of water given to the plant, or by over watering does it just mean watering too often, at the moment i'm atering maybe once every 3rd day. not drowning the soil either, but i am going a bit generously.

i have a 60L tub which i fill up so i can adjust the ph all in one go, im pritty sure my prob was over furt, i put a heaped tblspoon of thrive into the 60L, i knew it would have been to much, ater was yellow and all the thrive didnt even disolve (only realized that when i emptied it out).

seems to be ok now, choped the dead leaves off and i can see new ones bursting out already. :P

well I'm not sure if this is going to be a popular solution ., But the plant in this picture is so Burned & stunted from lockup .. its prolly best if you abort this mission . IMO its in your best interest is to get some better soil .

And start over again ... Many times when a plant is stress this much at a early age it will be male or it will Turn hermaphrodite on ya.. & yield will be greatly reduced due to lack of available nutrients ..

so .. Like said start over ... remember there are more fish in the sea .

& always do things in moderation .. less is more = chempo

Mean case of nute burn = :P