I recently bought an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer because my lungs are rooted from over a decade of heavy bong/ciggy smoking and I really couldn't be any happier with it.  I got everything you can see in this picture which is basically the unit, the cone piece thingies it uses, a few bags, stirring wand, etc.

post-54125-0-89498200-1399107545_thumb.jpg

At first I was packing the cones way too big and wasting a ton of vapour.  It really came out thick and strong like smoke and made me choke like a newb.  It was a different kind of choking though which I could only describe as a gassing instead of a smoke induced choke.  It's bad but nowhere near as bad as choking on a lung full of bong smoke.  I quickly discovered that I need to take small hits like large drags on a ciggy and then breathe in a ton of air behind it to massively reduce my coughing and more importantly now that I have a finite stash was over tripling how long a single cone could now last.   The tastes are amazing, more so when using the whip over a bag, but holy hell the tastes that come from the initial bits of vapour are to die for.

Everything has downsides though and this vaporizer is no exception.  Because its slow to heat up and takes a while to consume a cone I can't duck away from life for a literal minute to get a buzz going when ever I want.  That's great for me in many ways but there's been more than one time where I've said bugger it and had a bong over the vape out of convienence.  I also noticed that the high is much less intense and drawn out over bongs in the same way a joint is to a bong even when using oil in it.  It simply just doesn't have that same intensity that bongs bring to the table.  The bags also take 10 years to fill up and lose a lot of the to die for tastes due to the last of the vapour tasting weird.  Its a taste that grows on your but it noticeably tastes like arse compared to the initial vapour which ruins the bags a bit for me.  I also don't like having to hold a finger over the bag's hole constantly as my hands cramp up and really hurt before long.

I'd easily give this vape a 9/10 all round.  At $250 it is expensive but it is very well made and when compared to other vaporizers in the same price range simply can't be beat.  It feels sort of cheap but built to a very decent quality where profit wasn't the deciding factor for its design.  It even has awesome optional extras like a carry bag and battery pack to make it fully mobile.  Its pricey but if you're in the market and can afford one I can safely say you won't regret buying it.

• Upvote 1

Nicely written review, I've had my Extreme Q for 4 years at least and still loving it.Try packing the screen in the whip glass elbow (tight enough so it can't fall out) and leave the main bowl empty then set the temp at the hottest before it burns (240c for me) should increase the intensity of the hit but yeah still not like a bong and will make the screens clog up quicker (I leave spare screens in jar of iso and rotate them).  I've seen people hook them up to bongs, something I've been meaning to try... one day.

$250 is a bargain I paid over $350 years ago, compared to the price of other vaporizers I reckon its a winner. After 4~ years of use over half of that time the thing was left on 12 hours a day and it still works perfectly.

• Upvote 1