Unwanted early flowering advice

sorry for the thread steal... I currently have a bunch of seedlings under a CFL on 18/6.

I plan on getting them outside in the next few weeks in the ground.  Would I be better off putting the light on only 13-14 hours per day so they dont get shocked too much ?  i dont really want to have little solar light beacons in the middle of the bush everywhere :)

I've had similar problems this year, took clones mid October and they have had full sun, not shaded, ever since. Probably 2 weeks into flower. Very frustrating. Between that and the wallabies munching on most of my plants, even getting through the chicken wire, I think this might be the last outdoor grow I'm going to do. Indoors I can control the weather. Like god. (Rubs hands together like Monty Burns)

We are very close to the longest day of the year...

Could have explained that better...

Monday is the Summer Solstice, currently Brissy is 16 mins short of a 15 hr day so you shouldn't have a problem with early flowering... that said it wont be long before the light hrs dwindle back to the point that the flowering season begins in earnest. 

Saxman, it doesn't matter if they are in bright light or dull light the trigger is the length of time the plant is in continuous darkness out of each 24 hr period.

Edited by louise

Saxman, it doesn't matter if they are in bright light or dull light the trigger is the length of time the plant is in continuous darkness out of each 24 hr period.

I know in theory that's the case, but just pointing out for clarification the plants have all day sun, not partially shaded in case it makes any difference at all from a daylight perspective, so no issues from a lack of light at all.

I have a tent full of females in veg waiting for 2 x skunk haze to show sex so might have 9 to throw out a week or 2 after Christmas I'm hoping they go straight to flower which most should goin from a 18 / 6 light cycle to wateva it is now should throw them straight to flower. Edited by Stix87

After having this problem last outdoor season, the plants I started under lights before putting out this year were started on a 14.5/9.5hr light cycle rather than 18/6, and I didn't put them out till after mid October (matching hrs roughly), seemed to do the trick.  Having said that, I have started plants under 18/6 and put them out without problems as well, so not sure what triggers some but not others?

The plant I've had problems with had been allowed to go into flower and I had to supplement the light to get her to reveg.  But, as soon as the solar lights were removed she went straight back in spite of 14hrs + light.  Seems to be that once triggered, the tendency to flower seems to be a lot stronger.  I'm not only basing this on experience, but with this plant in particular, as I put a 2nd plant, started later under the 14.5/9.5 light schedule, in the same plot.  Same strain, from the same batch of seeds, under exactly the same growing conditions, continued to veg along quite happily while her sister kept getting clucky.

The solar spotlights seem to do the trick, but it's scary as fuck having them in a guerilla grow plot, so not recommended if avoidable.

Aside from that, pretty much everything Lou said.

I'm useing the exact same seed as last year

My plants haven't stopped growing since I put them in, in August. The only difference, from last year, is I moved properties & had to leave them in a shaded spot, under trees, until I could put them in my 200 ltr otto bins. About late Oct-nov. Their the best out door plants, so far!!! I've grown for years.

I'm on the MNC. NSW. So go figure.

The same thing happened to me last year. Very frustrating

MERRY XMAS