lotsa leaves

Growrite, Budrite - that's Fastway innit?

Have you tried their AddBud? Black as, but it's still one of the best organic bloom adds I've used.

Stink on

Vassy

Yeah, Fastway, I used the Addbud on two grows but circumstances meant I couldn't get a good feel of how well it worked.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif http://64.207.13.28/mysmilies/otn/glasses/smokin.gif

Swing thinks it depends on a few things:- the strain, how close you plant together (300 x 300 seems the norm in alot of setups) and also how many times you have topped the plant. Some strains also have a thicker canopy naturally then others!

But the buds need light to form hard, large and long kind.

Removing some of the fan leaves during flowering does help light to reach into the plant better but you have to be careful not to cause mould and diease when cutting off leaves, allways use sterile equipment and a clean growroom.

Removing to many leaves does slow the growth of buds and your defeating the purpose.

Under perfect conditions you would not cut any leaves off and you give each plant about 500 x 500 grow space, or bigger so the fan leaves of each plant dont touch, but it seems to yield more having more plants per light and cutting off the larger leaves.

At the end of the day it comes down to personal choice and feel for the plant, which you will aquire over time.

As far as i am concerned is that during the veg stage dont take any leaf off, as the plant will get rid of any leaf that it doesnt need, but during the bud stage i remove any shade leaf gradully (ie couple of handfull per day) while taking care not to remove to much. It also saves you removing them at harvest during triming.

Cheers

Happy Smoking :)

The only leaves I remove are dead and yellows.

Over zealous romoval of leaves will interfere with the meatbolic balance of the plant.

Shade leafing is supposed to get more light into the centre off the plant, but what good is it if the small inner clusters can not produce enough food energy from their leaves. Shade leafing is more likely to lessen the total yeild of a plant.

But I must admit some varieties will benefit from shade leafing.

If you do shade leaf, then make sure that you leave a fair amount of the petiole (leaf stem) behind, try to cut about 1cm back from the leaf.

Yep, i fullly agree with taz, sols and gagnanaught.

An exert from Gorge Cervantes grow guide: "ALL LEAVES ARE TO BE LEFT ALONE!!!!!Somehow a rumour started about how removing large shade leaveswould supply more light to growing tips, making them grow faster. This is bad gardening! A plant needs all the leaves it can get to produce the max. amount of chlorophyll. Removing leaves slows chlorophyll production and stunts growth.Removing leaves stress the plant, which is a growth inhibitor, especially during vegging. Only leaves that are clearly dead, bug or fungus infected should be removed. Leaf removal is not pruning, it is hacking up a normal healthy plant."

And as wassily said, you increase your chances of mould starting.

Remember that when removing sick leaves to use sharp scissors or a sharp blade, so as not to leave any of the leaf stem behind as this is where budrot can begin.