lotsa leaves

one of my plants is ~3.5 weeks old and has four decent sets of leaves aswell as the intial 4 leaves and four more sets of growths out the top which look like they want to make up the 7th set. Aswell as this theres like 10 new smaller leaves coming out of each side of every point where a stem branches off main stem. this is my first time growing but this seems like alot of leaves.

is this more than usual? (i've been using growrite if that matters)

is this a good or bad thing??

my mate's mate who think he knows everything bout weed, says to chop off all the lower leaves :rolleyes:

any tips or pointers??

Pete

Guest Urbanhog
If the leaves are looking healthy and nice greenish colour, I am sure there's nothing to worry, in fact I believe (from my experience, unleast anyone correct me) I believe that more leaves the better the growth because the leaves are important part of the plant's cycle they get the engery from the light via the leaves, so I assume that the leaves at the bottom might be better chop off when they get bit older, go yellow or heaps of the leaves from the top part of the plant is blocking the light going to the bottom leaves at the later stage, I reckon you should leave the leaves alone until they start to budding... :rolleyes:

yeh when i transplanted some outside lots of the lower leaves shrivled up but the top few were fine so i cut them bad ones off.

I believe that more leaves the better the growth because the leaves are important part of the plant's cycle they get the engery from the light via the leaves

..exactly what i was thinking : more photosynthesis.

I reckon you should leave the leaves alone until they start to budding

sorry a noob question here but am i meant to cut off leaves when they start to bud?! :rolleyes:

more leaves the better ? not always the case from what i've learned, of course there would be someone here with more experience that might want to contradict me, but to my knowledge, too many leaves isn't a good thing, the d-9 THC and other cannabanoids dicipate at a higher rate with more leaves which leaves you with lower amounts, i suppose this could only really be significant around budding time, but at seedling stage, more flowers the better i guess, at the rate they're growing i'm guessing they're indicas ?

i wouldn't freak out about it, just see how they go.

I'm sure many people will agree with me.

~Boe~

This is going to confuse ya now. But I have always been a plucker - can't help meself - Plastered a picture somewhere on this site one that I started plucking from as soon as it got branches coming. I heard if you pluck the big leaves more of the good stuff goes to the branches and eventually buds. Generally during the growing cycle I was getting a fully stuffed bag of leaf every few days. I don't really think for your first to worry too much just don't OVER pluck - I'll pop another pic here too only cause I loved him SO much - this plant has been tied down to run along the ground and what you can see are it's branches popping up. Have fun with your baby and make sure no one kidnaps him. :rolleyes:

post-17-1037683002_thumb.jpg

g'day; there is no such problem of "too many leaves" for plant.

the plant grows only what it needs to survive.

the only leaf worthy of removal,EVER, is the yellow or dead leaf.never remove a green healthy leaf, plant feeds off green healthy leaf.

i have done nasty things to mj plants and cannot honestly say any of them stressed.(except heat stress).

i have outdoor plant that dog buried bone under....lost 80% of root system, 3 days later you would not notice difference in plant health.looks better than others :huh:

so i say...keep all leaf, only remove yellow,dead or diseased leaf.