how to tell if your weed contains pgr

This is what buds from plants treated with paclo look like... and no, not my grow.

attachicon.gifpaclo budz.jpg

Thats exactly what i see all the time in Vic. Yep PGR buds are very common in Vic and it seems thats the standard that is wanted. I will admit to smoking a fair bit of pgr buds before i started growing and yeah the taste and potency is just crap. When you grind it tunrs to dust and the smoke is very harsh on the throat and chest. Pretty sad that when i started growing rock hard buds was the standard i was looking for and was pissed off when my first harvest the buds were nothing but light airy fluff.

Do additives like rock resinator contain PGRs?

• Upvote 1

Thanks mate. I only use the canna line and recently introduced the resinator, which i must admit has worked wonders. I just see rock as a brand that is associated with PGR's and i needed clarification. I did go read the bottle 30 mins ago and it had the info you mentioned on the bottle.

I also use monsta bud and ozi grow at times.

Would be good to get a list of products which are pgr heavy just to stay clear of them .

Well what pgr's are you not wanting to use?

monsta/ozi tonic contain tricontanol/cytokinins/auxins/gibberillins from natural sources, I use them and have no problem using these pgr's.

I would not use an additive aimed at stopping stretch and inducing flowering quicker, like http://www.cycoflower.com/flowerAB

Part A : ACTIVE CONSTITUENT:

4g/L Paclobutrazol.
For growth control of container grown ornamentals
only use as per directions for use.
APVMA APPROVED No. 64027/1L/0110

Part B:ACTIVE CONSTITUENT:

77g/L Chlormequat present as
Chlormequat Chloride.
To increase the berry set and yield.
APVMA APPROVED No. 64028/1L/0310

Both of these PGR's are registered for use on edible crops in Australia, but have large withholding periods not suitable for many short flowering cannabis crops.Furthermore paclobutrazol blocks gibberillin pathways in the plant, which is how it retards growth, these pathways are also what are responsible for resin production within cannabis as well.

Furthermore products like these can be completely replaced with safe synthetic cytokinins like 6-BAP there are kelp(seaweed) products high in cytokinins as well that could also adequately control stretch in these circumstances. 

• Upvote 3

Just a list on the baddest of the bad. I see all these all bloom boosters with pretty labels and graphics and i just know they are hiding something. I really like monsta bud and ozi tonic..its just you need a shit load more..but its cheap as chips.

Thanks mate for the info, i stay away from cyco..i was told to not use them at all.

and also from memory, pgrs are only used in tiny amounts to ellicit a signaling response in plants to grow a certain way. plants also have the ability to destroy certain pgrs too. not sure which ones though but i found that interesting.

Only problem is they aren't used in tiny amounts, these crazy Asian grow houses flood the plant with the stuff causing irregular growth, then don't flush them properly afterwards leaving behind crystalline residue, I got stung with some shity stuff look at this.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/27270-wtf-are-they-contaminating-our-buds-with/?p=437689

• Upvote 1

Only problem is they aren't used in tiny amounts, these crazy Asian grow houses flood the plant with the stuff causing irregular growth, then don't flush them properly afterwards leaving behind crystalline residue, I got stung with some shity stuff look at this.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/27270-wtf-are-they-contaminating-our-buds-with/?p=437689

you know what the scary part is, when i was a lot younger and i was in high school there was a local dealer one street away from the school. all the local kids used to buy there weed from this guy, and this is exactly the type of shit he was pushing onto children.

im all for smoking pot and growing pot, but behavior like that makes me feel sick. we were kids we didnt know any better and he shouldnt have even been selling pot to children in the first place. its people like that that give growers and smokers like us a bad name

• Upvote 1

Yeah, there are pgrs that can be used safely. There are many alternatives. The problem with plants flowered after the application of paclo is that the calyxs dont swell, mostly pistillate development occurs and a loss in trichomes overall; hence the structure of the bud. There are ways around this though - jazmonates. Sadly these are the nugs that are more often than not sold as 'hydro' and most people who purchase hydro expect to see tight chunky nugs such as those grown with paclo. Put nugs grown with the aide of paclo under the scope though and you will be surprised by the lack of trichomes/resin and poor terpenoic / flavanoid profiles worthy of a second glance.

http://massspectrumbotanicals.com - alternative pgr's / bio stimulants