how to tell if your weed contains pgr

And that's what my bro's mates smoke. I have tried it once and you needed a hammer to break up the rock hard buds. Wouldn't break using fingers.

Yeah, pretty common commercial bud in Vic, ... you need scissors or a grinder to break it down and it eventually turns to a brownish, powdery mixture that barely resembles plant material.

lol.. I always thought buds like that were just compressed after harvest... do they come off the plant like that ?

Paclo means the buds are hard enough to stand up to being tumbled in a mechanical trimmer and hold their shape after vacuum sealing. All important factors if you are a weed baron... I'd suggest each plays a role in the final presentation of the bud.

• Upvote 1

• Admin

This is an interesting topic and I'm interested in seeing peoples photographic examples of PGR abused cannabis from their areas as it does dominate the Australian commercial cannabis market now, and has made the average commercial quality of our cannabis the laughing stock of the world. The most frustrating part is that those now in their late 20's to early 30's and younger have often never seen anything but these useless disgusting PGR abused heads and actually choose them over high quality cannabis because they just don't know any better.

However this topic is a little bit misinformative as nice tight nuggets are not a definate a sign of PGR abuse as such buds are to be expected from heavy indica strains which is one of the very reasons hybrids became so popular within the global cannabis community. Thin whispy buds are often due to growing conditions and poor ventilation and not simply a sign of PGR free cannabis, and as others have already mentioned such structure is also fairly common with pure sativa cannabis strains but again is not a definate sign as some sativa dominate cannabis will still bulk up nicely in perfect conditions, without being abused with PGR additives.

The issue really starts with the consumer as with most things and as long as people are willing to pay for it they're going to keep using it. Also certain unethical garden shop owners don't help the situation by encouraging commercial growers to use such products 2-3 times during flower purely for their own commercial gain as often these products containing such PGR's are marked up to the maximum rate and provide a high profit for them.

The fact is PGR's can be used safely and are in just about everything you eat. The problem is more often than not they are abused and not only destroy the quality of the cannabis being grown but also remain systemically within the plant having been used too late in flower. PGR's if used should only ever be used within the first 3 weeks of flower at the rate of 1ml or less per litre for a maximum of 3-4 days to stimulate growth without the cost of quality. ;)

• Upvote 2

I would like to add there is such a wide range of PGR's, all seaweed solutions will contain PGR's not all are bad in fact there are heaps of safe PGR's to use. I think paclo should be highlighted among the others used, that are actually the ones with large withholding periods, and effect resin production negatively. 

There are synthetic cytokinins, or even products with very high levels of naturally occurring cytokins (kelp extracts), that can be used entirely as a replacement for the 'harder' pgr's such as paclobutrezol/chloremaquat that will reduce stretch, and encourage lateral branching.  

• Upvote 1