Smoking A Cone Properly

Yeah I know...it's just like "weed gets you high, motherfucker, it's the weed..."

I say just smoke it/vapo it how you're gonna.

While on the whole "oxygen effects" issue though, I will point out that I regularly

go to the park (actually, since just recently, now...) to have dinner there.

It's an excersize thing. Me and my chick blaze up a J, then eat, then after do about 20 laps around the relatively even, uphill in parts, downhill in parts, path around the park...it aint big, only do about 2k's that way, but for formerly lazy fucks trying to get fit, it's good, 'cos compared to the usual NOTHING, plus the fact we're eating prior to excersize, not after, it works...at least, I think it's working.

So, the oxygen thing...we ride when we're high...and I've noticed that while we're eating prior to the ride, it's all pretty steady, but about 5 laps in when the exhalation gets deep, and the blood gets flowing, shit, it hits you...moreso than ever before.

Not a HUGE difference, but I definately think that excersize and a high blood/air circulation rate DOES have an effect that brings on the stone a lot more.

Not saying "hey, you gotta excersize to get more wasted"...fuck, I know how stoners are...but, just a nice side effect while getting fit, I noticed. Not something I NEED to do to get wasted.

I've noticed this too, maybe it could possibly have something to do with the body releasing adrenaline?

As for the issue of smoking cones, I smoke it all inhaling once, then breath some oxygen in, then proceed to exhale.

Edited by Nattefrost

back to the original question...

I agree that you get the best taste and bang for your buck with one smooth pull and used that technique for years. But ever since I suffered pneumonia, rarely can I find my old stride. I still get youngsters that look at me like I'm not as tuff as them, but I could give a shit - smoko and other fun things are for personal enjoyment not to help you look cool. It's not a competition (generally) but a way to socialize, relax and broaden your mind.

Just like some need more than others, some can't or don't enjoy the full pull.

I still manage to get everything I want out of it and I don't get stabbing pains in the chest and end up in hospital.

If your friends just prefer to smoke it that way let them be - and let them bring their own smoko.

If they smoke that way out of timidness or fear of the effects - they probably just aren't on your plain. Find a new crew or educate them.

I have always believed that if you encounter someone preparing or using a substance incorrectly then it is your duty to inform them of your knowledge. But you can't force them to do it. It's always their choice - just as it is yours to whom you surround yourself with. :helpsmilie:

“Wipe your hand across your mouth, and laugh;

The worlds revolve like ancient women

Gathering fuel in vacant lots.”

Quite some time back now and very early on I was educated in the full cone quick-draw. Perhaps this is simply the default position. I’ve had them full and in between, pure and with tobacco – both cigarette and pipe. I’ve smoked all different types. Spiritual highs that act as incense in troubled times. Seditious stones that take a while and kiss you when your defences are down. Seductively mischievous and alluringly unfertile Mary Janes intimately messaging the pleasure centres of my mind.

Again, years ago, I used to smoke with Boy and Gaz. Saturday night. Ripped off our faces we’d watch a movie. Often something we thought we’d watched before, like Rumble Fish, Blade Runner, Taxi-Driver or My Life As A Dog. Then we might have another smoke - or as was Gazbo’s want “a touch-up” – and drink stout and discuss the Vietnam War. A couple of us won the damn thing a few times just sitting on the veranda watching taxis looking for street numbers. And we’d drink Port and watch the lights go out.

I mainly do three-quarter small to average size cones these days – although cone size is a bit like other areas: it’s a private thing. Rarely do I mix tobacco now. Having grown before I appreciate the subtly different tastes of each smoke I can now score. Two or three not full cones usually does it. I tend to opt for shades somewhere between relaxed to comfortable numb.

Wipe your hand across your face, and laugh;

The worlds revolt like ancient women

Collecting farts in empty milk-bottles