the militarization of border protection

So I have been hearing that if abbott gets in at the next election hes going to try and put the military in charge of border protection. This includes customs.

Wave good bye to recieving seeds from over seas.

I understand this is just his way of looking tough on illegal immigrants/ boat people but it will have far greater repercussions than that and do we really want the military policing our every move. Its a slippery slope

No way that will happen.  Australia's military is already extremely small and massively spread out.  If Abbott gets in power his military advisers will squawk and flap their arms at him saying that they're not proficient in goose but they hope that their message of its impossible to do got across loud and clear.

It will still be the same workforce but control will be handed over to a 3 star officer. He will put together task forces to plug holes eliminate current issues. This is one of Abbott's main policies leading into the election.

"Operation sovereign borders" will be a reality if abbott wins in this election. It is primarily directed at people smuggling but will extend across agencies to all border control issues.

Edited by forgetiwashere

I am not sure that the government can do that legally unless in time of war. I remember in WW2 the unions went on strike at the wharves and the army was called in to load the ships. Not sure if they can do that sort of shit in peacetime.

If it does happen it may be better for us!! Going by what the news has recently released re the armed forces guys and gals mucking up all the time. Canungra may become a garden paradise instead of a training ground for our troops.

...like the jack-boot extra police pwers to be installed during the G-20 or whatever babylonian confab they are having to discuss the complete economic/food control measures that the deceivers in the UN have on their agenda (21 I think) to basically control human population....yes, even to play their money games with our lives and our childrens lives. Under the guises of sustainability, anti-terror blah blah blah-no need to fear.  The Day is coming when all will be put right.  They are such liars man, every one.  Abbot just a lil pawn/minion, jus like Julia and Kevin.  They think they are doing the right thing but they follow their own understanding 'stead of fthe Almighty, Yes.

Peace. v :sun:

...like the jack-boot extra police pwers to be installed during the G-20 or whatever babylonian confab they are having to discuss the complete economic/food control measures that the deceivers in the UN have on their agenda (21 I think) to basically control human population....yes, even to play their money games with our lives and our childrens lives. Under the guises of sustainability, anti-terror blah blah blah-no need to fear.  The Day is coming when all will be put right.  They are such liars man, every one.  Abbot just a lil pawn/minion, jus like Julia and Kevin.  They think they are doing the right thing but they follow their own understanding 'stead of fthe Almighty, Yes.

Peace. v :sun:

i see you have been doing your reading vinno, abbots a rhodes scholar so just one of the boys. every new elections agendas are stepped up and these days shits well passed insanity...

good luck to us all

1. As long as abbott doesnt steal me fucking yandi i couldnt give a fuck what they get up to ay !

2. I think they are gonna start sending asylum seekers back to their shithouse countries where they came from. Fucking hope so.

3. Thats all i know about i recon.

fuck the police. fuck the goverment. fuck the world.

and most of all..... a giant 'fuck you' to all of the people that are against legalizing cannabis.

• Downvote 1