Seedlings Not Taking Off - Help!

Hi itchybro,

I just had them sitting in a tray with about 1cm of water in the tray and making sure the tray never dries out.  I only watered them directly through the soil once or twice.

Since flushing them 2 days ago, I have not put any water in the tray but I will check the soil tonight and if it is drying out I will probably add some then.

Is it bad to keep the soil moist constantly through the seedling stage?

Ooo, yeah too much water, no need to flush until a larger root mass is playing with loads of nutes right now everything is on auto control. Most of the enegy comes form teh two coyledons. and only a damp bit of cocco or perlite is needed to form a nice seedling.

Perlite is great. As soon as the seed pops up and start reaching for the light you can pluck it out of that area and drop it into another perlite medium. So early days if your worried the roots are getting sick you can easily repot the whole plant.

What is the pH of the water you're giving them?

I don't know the ph as I just bought my first ph pen and I didn't get any buffer solution to calibrate it with, so I have to get that done soon.

Just took some pics and I think they are looking better.  Definately a bit more green colour coming through and a bit more growth.

post-11830-0-41175100-1371643466_thumb.jpgpost-11830-0-38518400-1371643499_thumb.jpg

I think the overwatering was the issue, so thanks for all the advice everyone! 

Hopefully it's sorted now and I will see them start to take off over the next week.  My mistakes have probably set me back a week but thats ok.

Really appreciate all the comments, cheers :)

And here's some lemon skunk from my last grow.  I loved this strain, extremely resinous and sticky buds, lovely lemon smell and taste and a decent yield with 1 oz off this plant.  I definately recommend this strain.

post-11830-0-15388800-1371643736_thumb.jpgpost-11830-0-85588500-1371643793_thumb.jpgpost-11830-0-38422500-1371643880_thumb.jpg

Ya PH is causing you problems, I can see by the yield off your last plant. Buy a one drop test kit... cheap and they work without calibrating.... lol

Until you get your PH under control, things will always be an uphill battle. Peace. Nibbler

Hey nibbler, yeah I'm pretty sure that is why I got alot of yellowing of leaves early during flowering last time.  No matter how much nutes I gave them the yellowing just got worse so I figured the ph was off balance and they weren't picking up all the nutes I was supplying.

I've paid good money for the ph pen so I will definately get it sorted out for this grow.  Thanks for the advice.