Huge "pre-flowers"? on mother plants

Maybe, but they always grow back really fast and the whole plant looks invigorated after I take my cuttings or prune, as you can see they are really healthy not stressed at all just really long pubes lol!

Also I wouldn't be able to get roots starting on my clones after just 1.5 weeks if they were actually flowering. In theory you should be able to keep a mother in veg for years as long as you don't mess with the light cycle well that was what I read anyway this is the first time I have kept mothers so I don't have personal experience either.

The two clones in the DWC cabinet are doing just fine, really explosive growth and now they look normal no massive pistils like their mothers =)

Very good indoorcultivator, thanks for some real facts,

you saved me wading through google. Anyone who has kept mothers for over a year will tell you that they are difficult to keep in veg. Like I said, dropping winter temps, low levels of light from flourescent lighting even root disease will cause them to trip into flower and it's very difficult to reveg them. Trying to root clones is also extremely difficult. Yes they show lots of pre flowers up the main stem and Calaman was not bullshitting as suggested, merely having a bit of trouble explaining what was happening.

Cannabis is an annual, not a perennial, it's supposed to complete it's life cycle inside 12 months.

I stopped keeping mothers long term and switched to revegging(when I used to own decent strains) as it's a lot less hassle once you get the hang of how much lower bud to leave on for reveg. Once the plant has begun to reveg clones are easy to root as normal

And speaking of hormones I do recall reading that when keeping mothers long term 2hrs of darkness is required to produce a certain hormone? not sure what it's called, to keep the plant in optimum health and yes prevent stress.

:)

That plant doesn't look like it's in a fully vegetative state to me and as mentioned above there are many reasons why  plant under a vegetative light cycle may start to flower.

If you are getting the results you want it doesn't really matter though.

Naycha :peace:

Cheers Naycha!

Yeah it does seem to be working ok I might just take some cuttings from the big cabinet while its still in veg and start some new mothers. I really dont want to start from seed all the time its expensive and I hate getting them through the post. The whole idea was to buy each strain only once and keep 3-4 strains in the box to choose from