Over ripeness

Here is a older article that some may have read before on the importance of allowing buds to mature and ripen properly and impact on mental health smoking immature buds. I learnt something from this and why I suffered panic attacks and paranoia and psychosis smoking back in the nineties.

http://www.clear-uk.org/the-importance-of-matured-cannabis/

Edited by lookinggoodguys

Here is a older article that some may have read before on the importance of allowing buds to mature and ripen properly and impact on mental health smoking immature buds. I learnt something from this and why I suffered panic attacks and paranoia and psychosis smoking back in the nineties.

http://www.clear-uk.org/the-importance-of-matured-cannabis/

Great article. There is an old saying 'the truth is out there somewhere, but nobody knows where to find it'. If more proples took the initutive to investigate and develop the medicine that best suited there ailment, commercial growers would be looking for another income stream. I am an avid supporter of cannabis reform in our wonderful country. It should be a federal initutive, rather than supported as a state and territory competitive stratergy. Law reform only takes place when there is a population concensus, So, come on Aussies come on come on.. And for this reason, we should all be members of the HEMP Party.

Bud

• Upvote 1

As most have discovered that the high, taste and smell of weed will evolve over a few months, as the plants chemical changes from drying out. Problem is most will smoke the lot in a shorter time and cop paranoia or couch lock. I like to start smoking a few batches and rotate allowing to choose different effects of the high during the drying out stages over a few months.

You then start to understand and appreciate the complexities of the cannabis plant. This is where I see the potential for a legit market, like a good wine or spirit people should be selling focused more on the curing, ageing process for taste and softer highs rather just wanting to get ripped on green weed. The community and users would benefit the most but need to be educated.

Edited by lookinggoodguys
  • Upvote 3

I totally agree Lookinggood,

The complexities of a nicely grown, nicely dried herb are similar to that of a fine wine.

Ive been putting bits and pieces away each grow for quite sometime. Its always nice coming across a tin I'd forgotten about and if dried and sealed properly, the maturity in taste can be exquisite.

This also depends on the flushing and flowering time. Some go 8 weeks and pull. Ive never had a plant that has been fully mature at 8 weeks. 10-13 weeks is around my 'mature' stage. I try to have 3 brownings of the hairs before I harvest, then flush, changing the fluid daily in a recirc system. Usually for 5-7 days. 

Merl1n

• Upvote 3

i dont think CBN is a particularly bad thing. i mean think about it. we all like to wait till our weed is mature before we harvest suggesting we all like a little CBN and we all know that a nice long cured bud is a wonderful thing and we also know that while it is curing some of the THC is degrading to CBN yet it is improving the quality of the high. i think CBN gives your weed that relaxing feel. it takes the edge off.

im a sativa lover and i love racy high's but they still need to have a little of this calming effect, i think CBN is our friend

although doesnt more cbn mean less potency? i mean i agree the taste and flavor is amazing after 12 months but the punch isnt there the same.

Edited by insomniache

Its really not that simple. Thc to cbn isnt the only change going on. We have other chemicals like thc-a and thc-v and many others. Some of thes are changing as well and some of them while not being active on there own they can seriously alter the way the active cannabonoids are recieved by the receptors. There is too much going on in the cure for me to understand it let alone explain it but i do know this, I have never smoked a cured bud and thought man this bud is weak now or wow this bud tastes shit now. It only ever gets better.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks heaps for that DRSD, I'm stoked that you gave it a shot. :yahoo: I absolutely love hearing about people listening to my advice, following it, then hearing of the success. I'm 'tickled pink' as they say. lol

Lets get the word out and tell all the connoisseur and personal growers, '8 weeks ain't enough, Let it grow' lol  

Man, the smoke is well worth it, Eh? 'Outstanding'. Indeed. Told ya "Ya won't regret it" :egyptdance:

How many weeks did you end up? How many brownings did it go thru? The hash from it is ripper stuff too, the longer time enhances the sweet taste of its maturity. SHAWEEEETT. lol

My second long grow (8wk+) I got 5 brownings but that took almost 16weeks and that was too long ( well for me it was too long anyway lol )

I usually try for 3 brownings around 12 weeks. Then a good flush for a week.

Thanks again

Merl1n

• Upvote 1