will be buying seeds soon and will post back, ... although cloning, plant sexing getting rid of males.... all sounds quite daunting for a first grow..

Anyway to my actual Question I have access to these Lights and i think they would be great for size/heat problems   can someone tell me if the lumens, wattage ect will be okay for say one of these to light a plant or two, and two of these to light say 3 or 4

http://www.sla.net.au/content/558354p

Cloning is much easier than it seems.  All you really need is something like one of those mini greenhouses from bunnings to keep the humidity up and something for the plants to root into.  I personally like rockwool cubes, in particular the wrapped grodan ones as you can just write on the wrapper what strain is what and seeing as they are 1 inch in size you can fit a lot of them in a mini greenhouse.  I should be taking cuttings in a few days so you can check my diary as I'm addicted to taking pics and will definitely document my process.  I'm sure there would be guides on here though so have a look around and you should find all the info you need :)

As for that light personally I think it would be great for doing cuttings, keeping a mother alive or very early vege, but not much more.  You can pick up 130w CFLs with shades and all for $50 on ebay which might be better suited to your needs, but I think you would be better off with a 250w hps.  Heat might be an issue, but there really is no subsitute for HID lighting.

I have been researching for a while now and im very close to being into the setup/growing stages although I did have some more specific questions which i posted in the Lighting and vent forums ..i believe thats where it is meant to be

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/61010-first-grow-gear-check-paranoia/?do=findComment&comment=397902