What Am I Doing Wrong?

Flush em from a bottle cos hes using clay and its not a medium that wicks, there will be a layer of salts laying across the areas above where the dripper water reaches. I didnt say dont run plain water through the drippers weekprik, you just misread wat i wrote. Also the more water he flushes with the quicker the salts will be removed.

dont use any water over about 300ppm, buy a water filter if you have to, and a reverse osmosis unit if you can

Do not buy a Reverse Osmosis filter, if your water is already 1000ppm you will be throwing money out the window. I've done it myself, RO is for extra wanky folk who wanna make their already clean water pure, it is not viable option for fixing really bad water, filter replacement in very hard water will send you broke. Take this advice from someone whos been there done that. inline filters might help but dont fuck around with RO. It will take your water from 1000ppm to flashing between 0 and 140ppm, but only for a fortnight. In a month it'll be back to 1000 but smellier. and you'll have to dich out more $$ for replacement filters, which arent cheap.

It will take your water from 1000ppm to flashing between 0 and 140ppm, but only for a fortnight. In a month it'll be back to 1000 but smellier. and you'll have to dich out more $$ for replacement filters, which arent cheap.

That just doesnt make sense, how could filtered water become unfiltered in 2 weeks??

The goal of nutes is to keep them under 1000ppm and if his water is full of contaminates then he needs to get rid of them,

I personally havent used R/O water, I always use tap water and ph down.

Yes the replacement of the filters could be a factor though, but what would be cheaper filters or buying bottles water eg- neverfail etc.

I didnt say dont run plain water through the drippers weekprik,

Very Intelligent, do you always run around the net calling everyone Weekprik. Or do you just need reading lessons? My name is Ferenge420.

And WB why laugh about excess light it a well known fact that clones can recieve too much light. Clones are particularly light intolerant.

Guest Wilderbud
WB why laugh about excess light it a well known fact that clones can recieve too much light. Clones are particularly light intolerant.

I can see HEAVY salt buildup. Sure the light could be a factor but the only signs of this would be the yellowing and Id rather just blame that on salination [salinated medium does not support most plant growth]. Also - theyve survived 2 weeks now.

I saw the sign -- Ace of base.

Thanks so much for everybdoy's input. I really appreciate it! I spent all day yesterday tearing apart my grow room. I pulled the plants out of the pots and soaked them in cool water for half an hour or so and then wrapped them in a damp paper towel till I was ready to put them back in the pots. I also took clean scissors and cut the big leaves in half under ph'd water. Most of them were yellow or starting to turn. I left the dark green leaves alone.

I took all my buckets out and washed and scrubbed them thoroughly. Rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed again the mesh pots and Hydroton expanded clay pellets with the spring water. I let the clay pellets dry for awhile before putting the plants back in. I then put everything back together and ran the system with ph'd spring water to ensure all the sediment and crap was washed out of the feed and drain lines. I was suprised how much crap was in the lines!

I rinsed and scrubbed out the nute tank while the feed and drain system was flushing. I went out and got me some RO water and filled the nute tank. PH'd it and heated the water to 62 F (17 C). When this was all said and done, the PPM of my nute tank solution with only RO water and PH down was 100 PPM. That's the lowest setting on my Quick dip meter. What a difference! Hope this fixes things.

I set my two 1000W MH lights to around 4 ft (1220 mm) above my plants. I took out mu drippers and made my own feed rings. The are 5 " (127 mm) in diameter and have two "T's" in each one that supplies two constant streams at the base of the plant.

After playing around with the ball valves that direct the flow into the room, I got a constant level of 1" - 1.5" (25.4 mm - 38 mm) of water in each bucket. I then put the plants back into the mesh pots and put them back into the buckets in the growroom. Put the feed rings around the plants and fired everything up. In about half an hour, the plant leaves were starting to lift up towards the light. That was quick I thought.

After a couple of hours I went and checked up on my girls and they were all standing up good. Didn't seem that being out of the clay pellets hurt them at all. Were as before, just before feeding, the would be all standing up pretty good but them would droop after about an hour. That was using drippers. Now I am feeding them with a constant flow. No expert and it is early yet but seems the constant flow may be better. At that time the temp was 78 F (26 C) and the RH was close to 66%.

Now this morning, the little ladies looked like they did last night. No drooping or anything. I think this is a good sign. The temp was 78 F (26 C) and the RH was close to 62%. I know this will drop slowly. I have a dehumidifier running at max to bring the RH down.

Now that I am using the constant flow feed rings, should I still feed constant for 15 mins every 2 hours?

When should I add nutes to my reservoir?

When should I lower my lights?

I have 35% Hydrogen peroxide. Can't seem to figure out how to dilute it to get 3%. Any easy ways to do this?

How much hydrogen peroxide should I be adding to my reservoir? Does 3ml per 100L sould right?

Thanks again to all that are willing to help. I took some picture to post but the are too big to post here. Will work on that tonight.\

Cheers!

Sid

Guest Wilderbud
In about half an hour, the plant leaves were starting to lift up towards the light.

Nice to hear - good to see you have initiative. How were the roots when you pulled them out [brown or white]?

In about half an hour, the plant leaves were starting to lift up towards the light.

Nice to hear - good to see you have initiative. How were the roots when you pulled them out [brown or white]?

They were white. I was worried before I pulled them. I lost a few roots but hope they rebound. Do you think by cutting the leaves I did more damage than good?

Cheers!

Sid

Guest Wilderbud

Theyll probably turn into fragrant sticky monsters. :P

If the roots are fine the plant will be fine - take a pic of rescued plants in 3 days IMO [im psychic].