After flushing

KAPOW

this peanut has me thinking too now.....so indo, when using salt based nutes, what would you do instead? please elaborate a little? or string a sentence together if ya can? Cos really, if you know something we dont, by all means share, thats what this sites about mate. Keep that in mind when someone asks for help, instead of confusing the poor bloke. Now when ya get off ya high horse and what ever other shit ya drs got ya munchin please, please try to make yaself look a bit respectable instead of peanut like....

“The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.”

Socrates

Cheers, KB.

• Upvote 4

lol, what a joke .... I was simply suggesting that those that grow hydroponics should atleast have read the information required to grow in such a system ..... You kids are far from inspiring ... read a little bro, sorry if that sounds rude but i cant fathom why somebody would grow hydroponically and not understand basic principles ... i wasnt suggesting the question was unwelcome either ..... just pick up a book ....

enough of that....

If you get an EC truncheon and check the run-off after feeding them only water ... you will find the perlite holds VERY little nutrients ..... but here you go guys .... this is what i would do, you asked kron ...

After feeding them a base nutrient for a week i would firstly run straight water and check run-off. You will find its at most a few hundred ppm unless you are over feeding the plants drastically!! There is no need to flush perlite unless you are feeding them far to strong of a nutrient solution. Perlite has an inability to retain nutrients and avoids salt build-up, aside from hydroton its the most inert common medium.....

If the run-off is in excess of 3/4 of the .ec you generally feed  them everyday..... instead of flushing,... (you would be not feeding them anything during that day of flushing (or atleast VERY little...) .....  you would simply feed them a 1/3rd strength solution once a week .... Even feeding them 1/2 strength would suffice .....

if you are feeding them far too excessively every feed and have acknowledged that the run-off after feeding straight water is more than what you feed them everyday divide the ec of the run-off by 7 to give you a rough idea on how excessively you are feeding your plants ..... You can adjust the daily feeds accordingly if there are any major discrepancies. This will indicate how your plants are consuming nutrients and if there is much of a need to cut back on the strength of the nutrient solution.  The plants metabolism can be better catalogued in this manner. If you are feeding them only a few hundred ppm's (200-300) more than they require everyday that is fine, hell .... I wouldnt even bother checking the ec of the run-off after feeding them straight water and would simply feed them at the  strength you have been feeding them without a day of straight water every week....

There is no need to feed a plant sitting in perlite only water once a week if it doesnt really retain nutrients anyway and if it does the buildup should be negligible unless you are feeding them FAR too much - which would be indicated firstly by nutrient burn anyway !!

Your question KAPOW was a question regarding metabolism ..... those growing in a hydroponic setting should atleast understand basic principles of plant nutrition .... Download a few e-books if youre interested ....

Take it easy KAPOW, peace n pot. Hope that helps mate ....

PS - The REP point system is absurd anyway, feel free to denote all of my posts with -1 rep point..... sooooo painful ... lol The nature of threads such as this one is the precise reason why a lot of growers who actually know what the fuck they are doing say nothing.....

Edited by ind00rcultiv8r
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for elaborating indo but i don't have a pc. I do all my web surfing on my mob & don't have the megabytes to do alot of readi. So i ask questions on here hoping to find people withmore experience & the time & patients to help. People don't have to respond & should only respond if they have something that helps. Writhing negative stuff doesn't help & only makes the writer look like a TROLL. So lets all remember this is a site to help each other out. Be mello, & as my very wise mum says "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Thanks to all who helped.
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for elaborating indo but i don't have a pc. I do all my web surfing on my mob & don't have the megabytes to do alot of readi. So i ask questions on here hoping to find people withmore experience & the time & patients to help. People don't have to respond & should only respond if they have something that helps. Writhing negative stuff doesn't help & only makes the writer look like a TROLL. So lets all remember this is a site to help each other out. Be mello, & as my very wise mum says "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Thanks to all who helped.

here here kapow. Good one

• Upvote 2