Things go better with coca coca

Hi guys just a few pics to show the growth rate which at the moment is good I think, not having grown it before.

I picked 30 leaves last week but its hard to see where they came from now. The tea is very pleasant to drink and realy picks you up much better than coffee. I have tried chewing them with a touch of baking soda in the centre of the wad of 6 to 8 leaves, it leaves your mouth numb like you have been to the dentist and wakes you up nicely, but overall I prefere the tea.

It looks like I will be able to harvest some more this weekend.

The only problem is shepost-47664-0-45740900-1359418673_thumb.jpg is outgrowing my mini humididty box I may have to make a green house / shade house soon and rig up a mister on a timer to keep her happy. She loves getting wet.

I will be repotting into canna tera with a good dose of pierlite in the very bottom of the pot to help drain faster. she seems to like very good drainage.post-47664-0-91129300-1359419280_thumb.jpg

Good luck thats also an Amazonian plant they like well drained rich soils but its keeping the humidity high thats the real problem. Mine is outgrowing its current 750mm high box. I am making a 2 metre high shade cloth house. I will have one wall coverd in hesian cloth with the bottom in a tray of water to keep the humidity high with a mister on a timer over ridden by a thermostat for those hot dry days. Its a bit involved but nothing is to much trouble for my hobby. That way when it flowers I will have some place to bring up the kids.

• Upvote 2

Good news fellow cocaleros I repoted my little darling into a bigger pot and some canna terra and one week later the little darling is starting to flower, just round green buds at the moment but once the flowers open I will post some picks. i am over the moon its been a long hard road but its finaly paid off.

Also I now prefere having a wad of leaves in my cheek to tea. Nothing beets being high on Tai Tanic and comfortably numb to boot. Can life get any better?

• Upvote 2

Good news fellow cocaleros I repoted my little darling into a bigger pot and some canna terra and one week later the little darling is starting to flower, just round green buds at the moment but once the flowers open I will post some picks. i am over the moon its been a long hard road but its finaly paid off.

Also I now prefere having a wad of leaves in my cheek to tea. Nothing beets being high on Tai Tanic and comfortably numb to boot. Can life get any better?

Excellent well done. Im glad you are finding new ways to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

It woudl be great to see..  her in flower.

Update on my baby, I have made a green house 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 metres tall lined with plastic sheet and coverd with shade cloth.

I have made large openings in the plastic sheet at low level and a large hole in the top for hot air to escape.

I installed patio misters from bunnings, to keep the temps down and humidity up. The misters are on a timer so they come on for 15mins every day at 9.30am, the mister is also controled over all by a thermostat so at anytime if the temps rise above 32c the spray comes on.

]I tested the misters the other day when the temps inside the green house rose to 40c they had an  almost instant cooling effect and in 5 mins the temps where down to 30c. The green house is in a semi shaded spot and gets partial sun for 5 to 6 hours a day. The plant seems to love it. The leaves are darker green and its looking altogether happy.  

As it had wilted almost emediatly when I had removed it from its previous humidifier cube I am very happy with the result.

Pics are of the control equipment I knocked up from ods and ends in the shed, the valve to which it will be connected for the water supply and the plant befor and after misting was turned on.

post-47664-0-14312800-1362547652_thumb.jpg

post-47664-0-44369400-1362547871_thumb.jpg

post-47664-0-50746000-1362548383_thumb.jpg

post-47664-0-06723400-1362548133_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1