Listen, PLEASE don't believe everything written here and elswhere about clones and cloning.

Having been a grower for decades (!!) and tried every combination of hints..and having just about a complete laboratory of various cloning utensils etc (sigh)...I have had maybe 8 repeat 8..successful clones in maybe 20 years

That would be in over 20 years of really really trying.Just think about it: If clones were so easy and so common then we all would very rarely or maybe never have to buy seeds at all !

And that just aint happening.Cannabis is possibly the hardest most difficult plant on earth to clone .

So don't be discouraged in your attempts. Just don't expect many results. :(

Seeds are 1000 times more reliable and always will be. That's why folks buy them.

Wow, what a silly comment.

NO, its illegal to buy clones, hence the reason seed banks exist... And a good grower will never have to buy seeds, most do for a bit of variety or cross breeding.

A known female clone is far more reliable than a feminised seed....

Cheers.

• Upvote 1

Wow, what a silly comment.

NO, its illegal to buy clones, hence the reason seed banks exist... And a good grower will never have to buy seeds, most do for a bit of variety or cross breeding.

A known female clone is far more reliable than a feminised seed....

Cheers.

It is also illegal to buy Cannabis seeds in Australia.

Whether or not you 'have' to buy seeds depends a lot on the reason you are growing. Of course a commercial grower who has found a plant that produces and performs to their satisfaction will be happy to clone away indefinitely.

I'm not sure how you are measuring reliability in relation to fem clone vs fem seed? If you are only referring to knowing what you're getting then I suppose I can see where you are coming from.

Naycha :peace:

True, but I dont think its legal to sell plants anywhere is it? The only sell from the UK due to that loophole with seeds.

And yeah knowing what you are getting, ive bought supposed feminised seeds and had males and hermies before, if your banking on girls it leaves ya with an empty pot or two in the room.. No such issue with clones..

• Upvote 1

Listen, PLEASE don't believe everything written here and elswhere about clones and cloning.

Having been a grower for decades (!!) and tried every combination of hints..and having just about a complete laboratory of various cloning utensils etc (sigh)...I have had maybe 8 repeat 8..successful clones in maybe 20 years

That would be in over 20 years of really really trying.Just think about it: If clones were so easy and so common then we all would very rarely or maybe never have to buy seeds at all !

And that just aint happening.Cannabis is possibly the hardest most difficult plant on earth to clone .

Seeds are 1000 times more reliable and always will be. That's why folks buy them.

That is possibly the saddest post on OS...

JAIKAI

• Upvote 4

Totally Stunned, not a thing here I agree with

"V"

Thankyou cercerberus, still getting the hang of the site. Thankyou everyone for the help. My clones are 7 days old, in Jiffy peat pellets, also in a mini propagator. They are under 3, 36 watt fluoro's. Have been foliar spraying with very very diluted rhizotonic. Should i give it some Veg nutrients, at what strength. No pics sorry, don't have a decent camera, don't even have a computer, doing it all on my Moby. They've been getting around 24 hrs of light. Edited by KAPOW