• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Grasshoppers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

AlwaysBeCool420

AlwaysBeCool420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 Posts:
  • Interests:Gardening, Bushwalking, Smoking Weed!
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: SUN, 600w HPS
Hi all,
I seem to be having a bad problem with grasshoppers eating my plants. Does anyone know an effective pesticide to stop them?
Cheers

pts.jpg

gallery_7617_565_5131.jpg

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

VOSTOK

VOSTOK

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 Posts:
  • Interests:joined here with a view to moving to 0z fucking glad I didn't
    West Hollywood anyday then won lotto ..lol
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Consider Neem Oil, does work slow though

AlwaysBeCool420

AlwaysBeCool420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 Posts:
cheers Vostok. I think I need something that's going to work quick. They are getting ravaged every day!

The Hash Nibbler

The Hash Nibbler

Wherever I lay my Hash, that's my home.

• Members
  • 6556 Posts:
  • Interests:Pooping Dark Matter Hash Nuggets, Eating Endangered Animals.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: When switch is "ON"
Pyrethum spray will kill all plant sucking/eating bugs, but be careful, dont use if they very small. And even if they big, spray em when its cool in the evening so ya dont fry em.
Look for a spray that has 0-1 day withholding period and thats as good as it gets.
There is also a product called Dipel (Bacillus Thurgenisis- think thats right spelking) that will kill Grasshoppers, was made just for that.
Peace. Nibbler

And so, life returned to normal, or at least as normal as it gets in this primitive dirtball inhabited by psychotic apes. Thanks to the effects of the Hash waves, the people of Earth have not memory of what had transpired, except Nibbler, and no one believed him or cared what he had to say. I, meanwhile, returned to my post, ever vigilant, lest Earth again come under Hash attack. And when that day comes, God help us. God help us all.

Cloning for Coco Growers

https://cannabis.com...le/#entry301424

Coco Growers Guide
https://cannabis.com...nd-get-growing/

Tent Set up and Equipment List

https://cannabis.com...-yaself-a-tent/

Dutch Tulip Joint Tutorial

https://cannabis.com...h-catcher-leaf/

Decarboxylated Bubble Hash Brownies

https://cannabis.com...il/#entry391759

Growing outdoors and Understanding Light Hours

https://cannabis.com...rs/#entry322068

CO2 Extraction Hash with Dry Ice

https://cannabis.com...ag/#entry304265

louise

louise

tweet tweet tweet

• Members
  • 5560 Posts:
  • Interests:weed, wimmyn and song...

There is also a product called Dipel (Bacillus Thurgenisis- think thats right spelking) that will kill Grasshoppers, was made just for that.
Peace. Nibbler

Nah Bt is for moths, butterflies and caterpillars (soft bodied insects).

Nosema locustae is a biological control for grasshoppers, but it isn't available in Australia. Permethrin (synthetic pyrethrum) is effective on younger hoppers, less effective as they get older because their shells harden.

Another thing to try is set a trap or traps. Take a wide mouthed jam, or other glass jar, bury it up to the lip in the soil close to the affected plant (don't let the jar fill in with soil). Fill the jar to within 3cm of the lip with warm water, add a dollop of molasses and stir gently... top up to within 1cm of the lip of the jar.

The molasses will attract the hoppers which then drown in the jar of water. Traps need regular checking, cleaning out and topping up.

Depending on numbers of plants to be protected and density of hoppers, you may need a series of jars.

The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. ~ Analote France

The Hash Nibbler

The Hash Nibbler

Wherever I lay my Hash, that's my home.

• Members
  • 6556 Posts:
  • Interests:Pooping Dark Matter Hash Nuggets, Eating Endangered Animals.
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: When switch is "ON"

Nah Bt is for moths, butterflies and caterpillars (soft bodied insects).

Nosema locustae is a biological control for grasshoppers, but it isn't available in Australia. Permethrin (synthetic pyrethrum) is effective on younger hoppers, less effective as they get older because their shells harden.

Another thing to try is set a trap or traps. Take a wide mouthed jam, or other glass jar, bury it up to the lip in the soil close to the affected plant (don't let the jar fill in with soil). Fill the jar to within 3cm of the lip with warm water, add a dollop of molasses and stir gently... top up to within 1cm of the lip of the jar.

The molasses will attract the hoppers which then drown in the jar of water. Traps need regular checking, cleaning out and topping up.

Depending on numbers of plants to be protected and density of hoppers, you may need a series of jars.

Sorry Mate, Loiuse is right about the Dipel, sorry, got me products mixed up. lol . Dipel targets Catapillar and Moth larvae only.... Sorry about that, my bad. Peace. Nibbler

Matanuska Thunder

Matanuska Thunder

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2815 Posts:
Just happened to read an article in Burkes Back yard mag. He recommends making a solution of water and smashed-up grasshoppers spraying every few days.

cheep and rewarding too
Luck

Temporally exploring California's Cannabis - I'm 100% legal

Grow

2012 Grow 2013 Grow 2014 Grow

California Medical Cannabis test #1

AlwaysBeCool420

AlwaysBeCool420

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 Posts:
Cheers Nibbler, Louise & Thunder. Some very interesting solutions. Reckon I might try the traps and the spray. Organic is probably best after all!

Harry Bootlace

Harry Bootlace

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1315 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None

I am trying home made chilli spray as a repellent.

I try not to kill things, any things, so hope it works. Have a few grasshoppers at the moment, see them sitting on one plant in particular and seeing signs of being munched on.

not too bad, but thought id try.

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4485 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

I am trying home made chilli spray as a repellent.

I try not to kill things, any things, so hope it works. Have a few grasshoppers at the moment, see them sitting on one plant in particular and seeing signs of being munched on.

not too bad, but thought id try.

see how ya go adding silica & aloe vera to that spray 

will help to increase plant health , also has saponins in aloe 

which can work as a pest spray on there own 

build health & your building the plants own immune system 

to fight bugs on there own 

like anything you try for the first time , spray a test plant B4 the important plants 

tomato , rose , some plants will react differently so testing testing testing 1 2 3

ps aloe with kelp might make your sweet potato root a little faster , i've never tried it 

but both have natural rooting hormones 

Attached File  aloe clones.JPG   97.88K   17 downloads

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.