My seedlings in Coco and Perlite are in a grow tent and a few are getting yellowish, brown spots and curling under leaves. I have eliminated most of the possible causes. But just wondering, if you get gnats in the Coco, is it always possible to SEE them?? I can't find any trace of bugs of any sort but the description of symptoms may match. Any experience with gnats?

put out a yellow sticky insect card at base of your plant, this will show you if any / what bugs are there

usually see the mobile ones fly off at trunk of plant when disturbed, watch very closely as gnats burrow in the perlite/coco

you will see them if they are present after 3-4days they start flying around

if it fungal gnats employ Azamax as a drench for the coco perlite

azamax will not hurt the plant, you or the end user in any way

as suggested above, watering schedule should be closely reviewed

• Upvote 2

Thanks everyone. I left the 4 poorly looking ones and they haven't gotten worse but have got a little better. I transplanted some of the biggest plants and used new Coco and new Perlite (both unopened previously) just to make sure. I've not seen any signs of flying critters and have watched inside the tent A LOT! (Hand watering 30 plants takes awhile using 10ml syringe). So I'm 85% sure it was something else not gnats BUT I'm gonna be much more vigilant in the future to avoid getting a gnat problem. They sound like a real shitter to get rid of.

Thanks again. Very appreciative of all the support.

As above it sounds more like a little too much love and water but if you're struggling with any root born pests check out our pot nets currently available in store. No chemicals, no shock! Just a barrier to break the cycle. We can vouch for these used with fabric pots or pot sox you will never see any gnats again :good:

16110610_781912038627278_403554551177045

What a good idea !!! River sand at the top and the bottom works as well.