What pest products are safe to use on budding plants?

Hey all...

I have a minor case of leaf miners judging by the 'tracks' on some leaves, possible spider mite and tiny fleshy green caterpillars...triple whammy!!

The plant is about three quarters through budding. Would Eco Oil be ok to spray on the plant? What about an organic based product like Beat A Bug from Bunnings?

All help muchly appreciated.

Edited by T!CTAC

Should be ok i try to avoid spraying in flower but if you have to you have to, once you've mixed the eco oil remember to shake well and continue to shake the bottle a few times as your doing the spraying and dont spray more the 8times in a season with eco oil, both these should be okpost-61975-151935241842_thumb.jpeg sometimes you need to use a couple of different treatments to get on top of bugs but like leaf miners and mites to really put dent in there breeding cycles, can also make chilli and garlic spray up or the tomatoes leaf repellant and more,,GQ

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Upvote 1

i have not used that product before TT but i have used my own chilli and garlic mix before in flower without issues, i usually try and hold of till i know its going to rain meaning il spray it up to 24hrs before i know its going rain, that way theres time for the bugs to have been affected but the plants get a good wash off as well

• Upvote 2

i have not used that product before TT but i have used my own chilli and garlic mix before in flower without issues, i usually try and hold of till i know its going to rain meaning il spray it up to 24hrs before i know its going rain, that way theres time for the bugs to have been affected but the plants get a good wash off as well

Thanks GQ :-)

Did you find any chilli 'heat' or lung irritation after smoking your buds?

I'm really close to harvest now, the buds look amazing and I'd hate to ruin all the hard work by having chilli buds...

no doll no ill effects, i do avoid spraying all together throughout flowers but sometimes if the bugs are that bad you gotta do something and id rather go natural over chemical

Ah. Ok. That makes me feel better...

The bugs (knock on wood) aren't to bad atm. I inspect every day and pull off any caterpillars that I see and any obviously infested leaf. Seems to be working for now. But it's nice to know that if I have to use it then I can. Probably do a quick spray tonight. Thanks again GQ :-)