Guest weepurple

This is hard to explian without a drawing,

The filter can be made from coffee filter paper bags.

If you use the kind of plastic tube used for guttering in a house which is what i use then there is no corrosion.

The oil produced is lovely in fact there was a gram getting smoked last light :D. :P

The previous question if the water would get you stoned while crushing bud,

Use this in tea you need alot to get any hit at all.

Weepurple :P

making oil out of water?  don't think so

I've never tried it but whats wrong with the idea? Probably better to freeze rather than boil though.

Try using hotwater to separate the oil from the buds. Oil and water doesn't mix so the oil will float on top. Now stick your bowl of water and oil in the freezer. An hour later and you have a solid layer of oil sitting on top of ice. There you go. Why wouldn't that work?

:D

It wouldn't work because when you make honey oil, you're not actually extracting oil from the pant, you're extracting THC. Whether you use alcohol, butane, or any other extractor it has to be able to absorb THC. Then the product you are left which which we call oil is the extracted THC, not oil from the plant material.

THC is not water soluble, so mashing weed with water is pointless when trying to make oil, hot or cold. It will not extract any THC. With the fridge thing you are confusing that with making cannabutter. With that process the fats in the butter have extracted the THC, then separates on top after putting in fridge and the useless water is discarded. This works because THC is fat soluble, not water soluble.

Thanks pipeman. I've rarely had enough dope that I'd experiment with it to make hash. Whats cannabutter? All these cooking ideas sound like a lot of fun. Being a bit of a health junky I've been a little worried about inhaling smoke even though I'm hardly likely to go through a pack a day or anything. I hear the stone is a lot longer with food too. Which is better but, food or vapouriser? Never used a vapouriser. Sounds less fun than a bong.