Overall I`d have to agree...to a point.

Even the big boys (commercial, legit) use some form of filtering while chasing a cleaner growspace. The exception in the IPM users naturally.

The reality is a lot of indoor growers are just that- indoor growers...they may live in apartments etc with no outside vegetation or yard, they may be renters with no want or need to establish gardens or plots to encourage predator type insects. Indoor grows, no matter how healthy, are a monoculture in an alien situation, a neon sign for most pests. Decent workable iltering can help.

Yours is a different situation Bufo. I`d back your pest control success on a few key variables most others arent in on...

Between the amount of police activity at your place and the fact you`re a toad, they either helping police with further enquiries or you been eatin em lol

Short story, filters are good but only a small part of good pest management. If you wanna, do it...

JAIKAI

hey jaik, your right of course in regards the "chasing a cleaner growspace" obviously a decent filter on a commercial enterprise would suck in all sorts of hapless bugs simply cruising past so yes there are certainly good reasons and logic for a filtered intake... I like the suggestions above, pantyhose etc, but you get where I'm coming from when you talk about the size and style of a home grow. The scenario being likely the grow is sucking in air from somewhere down low(coolest at floor level) inside the house/apartment/shed/bedroom/spare shower recess etc etc, so really, why bother?... the same pests if attracted will simply hitch a ride in when they see an opening anyway so to me its usually not needed if the air intake is in a suitably clean location that's all that matters, that and a healthy grow. Aiming for clean white roots is a way around the need for a filtered intake :) Don't give the pests a free lunch and they won't turn up... simple.

In regards your other comments, ie those thievng bloody police yes, thanks to the team in blue my coco never has quite enough time to build up in nutrient salts to brown the rootball and attract pests. So I'd have to say a big thank you to the Qld drug squad for helping out with that, you guys are great :good:

Gents....

I'm looking for some advice on throwing a filter on the intake to prevent sucking pests into the grow tent from outside (pulling in from outside as it will be cooler).

So far I've read about furnace filters, pant hose, speaker covering material.....

But thought is ask the community I'm a member of....

Most guys use the fan to BLOW out not SUCK in...? I'd recommend USED pantyhose...why used, it has a shine of human oil on it, great for bugs to stick too, and cheap, getting used pantyhose can be difficult though,....bites and scratches...lol

"V"

Most guys use the fan to BLOW out not SUCK in...? I'd recommend USED pantyhose...why used, it has a shine of human oil on it, great for bugs to stick too, and cheap, getting used pantyhose can be difficult though,....bites and scratches...lol

"V"

lol....yes true. I remember the perils of pinching used panty hose as a young one when making a cricket practice setup (ball in stocking tied to a tree).

I'll be pulling air from a garden bed under a thick hedge to try and find the coolest summer air possible, so I'll definitely need to both ensure the intake is filtered, and my roots are healthy to withstand if required.