Garden Shed Grows

I thought I might mention a grow idea for the great outdoors.

I had a mate who used to grow in a little garden shed, the type you buy from Bunnings and assemble yourself.

He dug up the floor and filled it with goodies, then he replaced one of the roof panels with a green laserlite panel. I would never have thought this would have given enough light for his plants, but I saw 6ft'ers in there. he started them off elsewhere and transplanted when they were about a foot high.

I have never tried it, but it's a good ( lockable) inconspicuous growing idea.

:) dont give them reason to come `round...that cheap lazerlite stuff works well, dont use the real clear stuff though...shell fry everything, use the yellowy color gear. down my way, most houses are ex-commission, they all have a little garden shed out back. plenty folk using them to grow in.

you can grow on he floor or anything, even rubbish bins. the beauty of `em is you can get gear through the winter for a head start next season.

JAIKAI

I used to grow indoors in a toolshed and dogged up the ventilation to it. I cut holes in side by drilling lotsa holes and sawing out with blade of fine toothed hacksaw blade, and my mate made some downwards facing covers from scrap tin i had and rivetted over top of holes so rain couldnt get in. then I put ducting through the holes and chucked fans in. Heat was still intelorable but yeah.

You can get this shit called core-flute, also called solarsheeting, its a bit like the perspex version of corrugated cardboard, 2 flats bits of clear perspex held about half inch apart. Anyways this shit looks white, to fols on ground, dunno about copters, but yah have to get pretty close to see through otherwise they just look like whit garden sheds. The shit lets in tons of light too, costs a mint, but would be worth it.

• Upvote 1

This is a very common grow method in SA.

Big problem is ventilation in a hot summer. but for a winter grow or a headstart to the outdoor season they work well.

Only thing is the SA police are very aware of this method and I have had a few friends got raided just because they had a shed that looked like this whether they were growing or not.

Best thing I seen was a friend of mine removed part of his roof and replaced it with a clear plastic corrugated fibre glass substance that white cluster may have beeen talking about and grew in there. On top of that he was using a hydroponic system grew some massive hydro buds using sun light as a source. Always freaked me out!!! Pretty good buds though;)

• Upvote 1