Cannabis question on ABC's Q&A program

I'm sorry to be a wet blanket on everyones optimism, but Q&A gets weed questions all the time. Most don't go to air, they just seem to get ignored.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that making an effort is not worthwhile, I'm just saying you may have to ask again and again. (We all could.) There is definitely feet being dragged on this issue, and persistence is what's needed.

Even if it did make it to air the panellists would just joke about people wanting to get high rather than provide a legitimate answer.

Exactly, then if they were pressed to give a serious answer, they would just lump all drugs together and talk about how they devastate families and destory peoples lives. All the while, completely ignoring the fact that there drug of choice (alcohol) does more damage than all other recreational drugs combined. It's always the same old repetitive & frustrating outcome when the issue is debated in the mainstream media.

But good on the OP for trying, the video question was impressive.

I have some potentially exciting news.

I am really hoping they use my question, and interested to hear what the panellists think.

Good on you for putting your question out there for the panel to answer, don't be discouraged that they didn't use it, I'm sure the web people at ABC take a look at the view counts of the videos to see which ones are popular so if your video gets enough views then who knows what may happen.

Advice for everyone else, if you like salpon's video, use the share link on the Q&A site to share the video with everyone you know who agrees, that way the web dudes at ABC might notice the spike and raise it as a popular question. :)

• Upvote 2