Cannabis question on ABC's Q&A program

Hi all,

I have some potentially exciting news.

My web question to Q&A was short-listed for possible inclusion on the show tonight (Mon 15th - 9:35pm ABC1). They asked me to record my question as a video and resubmit it, which I have done. I'm terrified of cameras so this was a bit of a challenge for me!

My question reads: Emerging scientific studies are showing than cannabis is useful in the treatment of a wide range of illnesses, and yet the law continues to prohibit this drug to those who could truly benefit from it. It is safer than many prescription medications, not to mention legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco, so why does the war on cannabis continue?

On the panel this week are:

Pamela Stephenson - Author and psychotherapist

Bill Shorten - Minister for Employment

Charlie Pickering - Comedian and TV presenter (from 7PM Project)

Sophie Mirabella - Shadow Minister for Innovation, Industry and Science

Catherine Fox - Deputy editor of Australian Financial Review's "Boss" Magazine

I am really hoping they use my question, and interested to hear what the panellists think.

• Upvote 3

I will be watching this .........normally its filled with the self important type trying to answer questions that I think are more the person on the panels personal opinion or view ........... or them trying to answer the question so politically correct just to make themselves seem like good people ...I think most of them are inspiring pollies trying to increase their popularity .....but in some cases they are the total opposite ....I hope they are the latter when it comes time to answer your Question

All that being said ....Goood on you mate ........Braver then me for sure ..... Hope your question gets on tonight ... Fingers crossed

I think we maybe moving a head with the end of prohibition ...slowly but still ahead .......... I think as soon as the USA gets every state into their green legally Aus will follow like good little allies .......cant wait lol

Cheers :) Brimstond