Quantifying the Clinical Significance of Cannabis Withdrawal - An NCPI

http://www.plosone.o.../journal.pone.0

Is this the study that someone was recruiting for in a thread recently?

Edit: Opinions on the study? Personal experiences in relation to their findings? Agree/Disagree?

NB: This topic realtes to "The NCPIC Enthusiastically Embraces Medical Cannabis" topic.

Edited by MongyMan

I smoked every day for 15 years and gave up over night for about 1 year . It was not a choice i made , I had been getting my gear of the same guy for 15 years when he died i did not really know anyone to score off , it was just a major fuck around i just gave it up .

According to my wife i was a grumpy , irritable prick for about 2 weeks . I suffered sleep loss , anxiety ( worst after a good feed for some reason ) , restless for about 2 weeks.

After a couple of weeks i was back to normal ( as like when i was stoned all the time ) just laid back . My professional life did not suffer at all , i was still at work on time every day performing my job .

I had always done boxing , kick boxing but after i gave up i was more motivated and got right into training . I never " craved " cannabis after that , but i think that was due to intense exercise . After a hard training session most people are high on endorphins and so worn out at night that sleep is no issue .

I think most people that are heavy uses will withdraw somewhat . I know many that have and they all suffered the same shit for a short period .

If people really wanted to give i really dont think they need to go to rehab for bloody cannabis , just a little self control is all .

• Upvote 2

My, my, they do have some lovely graphs and charts. And some of their statistics look real technical. But I have to agree with Thunder, the sampling of the population is very narrow and as they say you have statistics, statistics and lies. And with Jan involved then we are all screwed.

With this National Cannabis Prevention and Information Centre, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre. Cannabis is the big evil weed. They use stats to try prove this theory, then disseminate this theory to the community as fact. But the facts are actually missed due to the subjects sampled and yet unless you read the content fully this point is lost in the stats. Using their theory, if one man falls out of a tree and you sample him alone then 100% of participants fell out of a tree, now there goes a stat for ya Jan.

My Opinion

All intoxicants have side effects. Any withdrawal from any intoxicant will have an effect, noticable effect or otherwise. Drug companies know this as on the packets of many medications it states it.

The idea that designing a drug to manage the withdrawal from cannabis is just "swapping the witch, for the bitch". From experience many of these 'coming down' substances have a much more addictive quality than the gear you're trying to come down from. It is a very risky swapping from pot to pharmas, when the pharmas stop working and the person wants something different, many dont return to pot but often go higher up the pharma scale often because its medically approved. And this is laughable.

One question I have for Jan and co. Which drug companies are funding your research? Which companies will develope this new medication for the masses of cannabis druggies coming down?

Merl1n

• Upvote 3

I must also add that when i was not smoking for 1 year and training 5-6 days a week , if i suffered an injury and could not train for 1-2 weeks i had the exact same "withdrawals" i had from cannabis . Irritable , restless , grumpy , anxiety and trouble sleeping etc.. 0 drugs involved same "withdrawal" symptoms .

So how many of these "withdrawals " are just personal traits from people withdrawing from a habit they are use to doing daily . :unknw:

Edited by Badseed77

What about people on antidepressants? They have no withdrawal symptoms that would effect their daily activities if a person would suddenly stop taking them? But they are legal so it's ok!

And ofc it depends on each individual how much you were smoking.

Are you being sarcastic when you say no withdrawal symptoms from antidepressants because there legal so its ok ect???

To be honest it scares me ho much people think antidepressants are ok.

My personal experience with antidepressants was not fun, and any side effects were ten fold over going cold turkey from daily weed smoking.

The idea that designing a drug to manage the withdrawal from cannabis is just "swapping the witch, for the bitch". From experience many of these 'coming down' substances have a much more addictive quality than the gear you're trying to come down from. It is a very risky swapping from pot to pharmas, when the pharmas stop working and the person wants something different, many dont return to pot but often go higher up the pharma scale often because its medically approved. And this is laughable.

The article posted by the OP is actually a study, which attempted to prove the existence of cannabis withdrawal and to measure the significance of it. More or less just a bit of propaganda for the media to remind the public about how evil the cannabis plant is.I mean honestly, what a waste of money. All they have found is what all heavy cannabis smokers already know. If you suddenly abstain, then it usually gets a little rough for a few weeks. What a revelation!!!Anyway, the study your probably referring to, is giving cannabis users a drug (produced by GWPharma) called sativex to test it’s effectiveness for quitting the erb. Sativex is essentially just a cannabis tincture which is 50% THC & 50% CBD, from memory. Bring it on I say! I’d love to be able to go to the doctor and score some cannabis extract.

Anyway, the study your probably referring to, is giving cannabis users a drug (produced by GWPharma) called sativex to test it’s effectiveness for quitting the erb. Sativex is essentially just a cannabis tincture which is 50% THC & 50% CBD, from memory. Bring it on I say! I’d love to be able to go to the doctor and score some cannabis extract. .

That's exactly the study being referred to in this topic yes jabez. "The NCPIC Enthusiastically Embraces Medical Cannabis"

I'm surprised you would be happy to be officially labeled as a "cannabis junkie" though (or have I missed something here?) just so you could "go to the doctor and score some cannabis extract" as you put it.

:peace: Mongyman