Making you own strain?

so far in my limited experience of breeding canna i have found that i enjoy mixing genetics of different origins with different traits but it's not wise to mix 2 very different strains together like straight pure landrace sati and straight pure landrace indi .... because by the time they get to f3's the genepool is fucking wild and random...... shortflowering plants and longgggg flowering sati finishing strains .... (and everything inbetween ....)

choose dominant/recessive alleles you admire and breed them ...it might be early resin on the plant and the aroma and structure of a plant for instance..... always looking for the same traits but with an improved next filial generation ... or even possibly choosing something else thats interesting that you have found within the progeny to alter the strain in whatever way you please ..... choose genetics that arent too unalike...... pure sati/pure indi etc.... that would be an easy way to breed to begin with and you'd probably learn a lot in the process..... if you wish to do so dont fuck around too much, start with a large genepool of the strain if possible to choose mad mums/dads.. the process isnt difficult the plants do all the work hehe ...

peace'